True 2nd

Y2CJ41

Who would win these matches for true 2nd?

106- Lee vs. Boston

113- Phillips vs. James

120- Campbell vs. Todd(Todd has won twice)

132- Batt vs. Forte

138- Farrell vs. Griffin

152- Kriech vs. McCloskey

220- Gallegos vs. Robinson

106- Boston

113- James

120- Todd

132- Forte

138- Farrell

152- Kriech

220- Gallegos

106 - Boston

113 - Phillips

120 - Campbell (Wrestled better at the state finals than Todd did)Cambell wouldn't have been able to wrestle another match. He looked like he got his back torqued up against Petrov.

132 - Forte

138 - Griffin

152 - McCloskey

220 - Robinson, should have been in the championship match anyway. AGREED!

True seconds are not really fair.  I'm all for wrestle backs, but when you take the second place guy that just lost the biggest match of his life its to hard to recover emotionally and wrestle a guy that has  been winning his way back to third.  Even if the second place guy is better he usually looses.

True seconds are not really fair.  I'm all for wrestle backs, but when you take the second place guy that just lost the biggest match of his life its to hard to recover emotionally and wrestle a guy that has  been winning his way back to third.  Even if the second place guy is better he usually looses.

I agree!

Who would win these matches for true 2nd?

106- Lee vs. Boston

113- Phillips vs. James

120- Campbell vs. Todd(Todd has won twice)

132- Batt vs. Forte

138- Farrell vs. Griffin

152- Kriech vs. McCloskey

220- Gallegos vs. Robinson

Lee over Boston

James over Phillips

Todd over Campbell

Forte over Batt

Griffin over Farrell

Kriech over McCloskey

Gallegos and Robinson toss up

There is no way you can honestly pick a true second the way you have made ur picks.  I know for a fact that Luke Blanton on any given night can wrestle with any of those wrestlers.  He showed moments of doing that Sat.  But my hat is off to the wrestlers that placed in front of him.  He is a wonderful kid as is his 10 brothers and sisters.  He will be back next year with only one thing on his mind. 

I think what a few people don't understand... is how a true 2nd place works. A wrestler has to win 3rd to be able to compete for a True 2nd. In addition to that IF the loser of the finals had already beat the guy that got 3rd, the match would be unnecessary. That is how the True 2nd place is completed when a tournament actually allows it. Therefore Blanton would not have been able to compete for it. It's not like Y2 is not considering him on the original post, he only listed the matchups that would have been possible if the True 2nd rules would have been possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.