DISRESPECTFUL OR UNKNOWINGLY RUDE.

BigBlue02

It seems like a few people on this messageboard make it a main priority to start unnecessary drama. Brooks I'm sure was not trying to be derespectful (apparently there is a new spelling for disrespectful) or rude and was just excited to get on the mat. It was pretty obvious that he was not trying to ruin Micic's moment.

BDouthitt

I don't know the kid and to call him a punk when you don't know him is perhaps over the top, but I have the following observations.

1.  Tremendous and unique wrestler that is fun to watch wrestle

2. Multiple suspensions from his school for more than one season

3.  behavior on the mat when he is suspended or wrestling that comes off as obnoxious...I have seen it from him close up multiple times this year and last.  I don't think from what I saw he is trying to be rude, but it clearly others are fair to perceive these actions as being out of line.

4.  Rush to defense from his fans when he is criticized...

I don't know any of these wrestlers or coaches personally....................but I was shocked to see Brooks come out on the mat so early after the conclusion of the 106 match.  This did seem to be disrespectful to me even if it was unintentional.  

I was shocked as well.....disrespectful to the 106 winner was probably more what I was thinking also. The first thing I said to my wife when he came out was " that was wrong" He should of never came out to grab the ankle bands before the official had finished raising the winner's hand. Even if he has done it before why would it be considered right? Next year their needs to be an official to make sure it doesn't happen again. It always amazes me how often the "punk" word is used as a description for Jared. Whenever my son wrestled him he always seems to be very polite young man and a very exciting wrestler to watch. Not exactly what I would call "punk" That would be disrespectful!

This is ridiculous. I wish the team I was on in highschool were all like brooks. He was ready to go and you are all just over analyzing his actions. So what he got the ankle bands right then? The match was over and he was ready to go. And I'm pretty sure he has wrestled with Yorktown since he was a kid an if he wants to jump in Dulaney's arms. He can just do it. Who cares. They didn't need to recruit him, their success and history with brooks brought him in alone. Nothing more to it.

The match is not over until after they shake hands. He should have waited until they were done.

I have known JARED for a long time.. Good kid.. He took the time to roll around with my 8 year old son before the quarters on Saturday. Always upbeat, positive and very sportsmanlike when he won and lost throughout his career. I wish there were more kids like him. Always puts a smile on my face. Please find something better to bitch about than this.. Like the camera man blocking my view most of the night.

I met Jared when he was in 5th grade at Iswa folkstyle state finals. He hung around and warmed up with my son that weekend. My son was nervous and before I knew it Jared had him laughing and having a good time and relaxed. My first impression was he is a fun loving kid off the mat and once he steps foot on the mat and the ankle bands go on that the switch gets flipped and it's business time. I've loved watching this kid grow up and excel and enjoy life. Congrats Jared you earned your reward and I couldn't be happier for you. I hope you have continued  success in what ever you do. Just remember life is too short enjoy every second of it.

I had never seen Brooks wrestle until Saturday night.  I didn't think anything about him getting out there that fast.  I'm sure it's difficult to be hanging around there during all of the faceoff stuff when they only have business on the mind.  He seemed very focused and anxious to get to the line.  Even during the match, he seemed to sprint back to the line after whistles.  Wrong?  I'll let someone else decide that.  I thought it was great.

Clearly it wasnt on purpose to disrespect anyone.. if u were there or seen the video you can even see him hug micic after he puts the bands on right before he wrestles. That was a very classy thing in my mind,because he was seconds away from wrestling in the state finals and still thought about him.

EASY SOLUTION!!! 

I have worked several national tournaments over the last few years,  and you know what they do?

They have multiple sets of bands.    So when the wrestlers check in they get the bands.  Then the rotating referee brings back the last used set to the scoring table.  This would also stop some of the throwing of the bands all over the mat.  Take off your bands and hand them to the referee, shake your opponents hand and do your thing.

EASY SOLUTION!!!  

I have worked several national tournaments over the last few years,  and you know what they do?

They have multiple sets of bands.    So when the wrestlers check in they get the bands.  Then the rotating referee brings back the last used set to the scoring table.   This would also stop some of the throwing of the bands all over the mat.  Take off your bands and hand them to the referee, shake your opponents hand and do your thing.

Though I stated that this act did not seem intentional to steal Micic's moment, it also wasn't just an issue of Brooks wanting to get his ankle bands on.  So I don't think that solution would have changed him rushing out to the mat early.  I would think the easy solution for the Brook moment would be to make sure the next weight class wrestlers and coaches stay staged on the side mats until the previous competitors have left the mat area.  Other than the first two matches they have to hold until awards anyway so it's not like they have to rush to get the next match started.  Guessing that may be a point of emphasis for next year.

Brooks last year was nearly kicked out of the plymouth sectional after nearly getting into a fight with a student worker at the tourney, in his defense the worker actually started the argument because he wanted brooks to move from the spot he was sitting, but stilll...

Jared just won a state championship in a dominant fashion, and all these people want to bash him on here. How about you let the HIGH SCHOOL KID have his moment and leave him alone.

I think that is the whole point of the post.  "letting the HIGH SCHOOL KID HAVE HIS MOMENT"  Brooks did not care to let Micic who just defeated an undefeated state returning state champ his "moment". 

Brooks last year was nearly kicked out of the plymouth sectional after nearly getting into a fight with a student worker at the tourney, in his defense the worker actually started the argument because he wanted brooks to move from the spot he was sitting, but stilll...

Come on garrity, it's byer's fault so bring this in.... Brooks is a goood person. ya he's a little too much energetic at times, but who isn't sometimes? no need to bring up brooks defendig himself against a stupid kid