DISRESPECTFUL OR UNKNOWINGLY RUDE.

BigBlue02

How many people noticed this weekend how IMO  rude Brooks was, by walking right inbetween the two wrestlers that just finished before him.  And sometimes even taking the ankle bands from the wrestler themselves.   I saw him do it Friday night, in the Quarters and Semi's  and thought it was EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL  of him to do it after the finals of 106.   thoughts?????

I think he was a little to jacked to get his match started and was completely oblivious to the moment. I didn't notice anything before that to think anything other than that.  I figured some of it was anxiety o just get the match going since he hadn't been able to win a title up to that point dispute always being a major factor.  From my view not really intentional to ruin the moment for Micic.  But maybe someone should have ushered him off for a few more seconds so the 106 could have there final moments. Guess it was so sudden and out of place no one thought to do that or at least could get to him in time.

To be honest, Brooks is a great wrestler but has always been a punk.  I'm not at all surprised to hear he was acting disrespectful all weekend, and I doubt any of it was unintentional.  Jumping into your opponent's coach's arms after you win a state title is a bush league move.

To be honest, Brooks is a great wrestler but has always been a punk.  I'm not at all surprised to hear he was acting disrespectful all weekend, and I doubt any of it was unintentional.  Jumping into your opponent's coach's arms after you win a state title is a bush league move.

I don't think it was bush league at all i think that Dulaney has worked with a lot of different wrestlers and brooks just happened to be one of them.It wasn't the first person he celebrated with but It is a spur of the moment type of celebration. If thats what he wanted to do then so be it.

I don't know the kid personally, but to call him a punk on this board, makes me wonder who the punk really is.  I also think there was more to the story of him jumping into the arms of the other coach.  Maybe they have a connection nobody else knows about.  That coach didn't seem to mind.  He seemed happy for the young man.  Just my thoughts on things.

I don't know the kid personally, but to call him a punk on this board, makes me wonder who the punk really is.  I also think there was more to the story of him jumping into the arms of the other coach.  Maybe they have a connection nobody else knows about.  That coach didn't seem to mind.  He seemed happy for the young man.  Just my thoughts on things.

Go to southbendtribune.com and click high school sports. He was gonna move there. Went to disney duals with Yorktown.

if you watched brooks and phillips when they were announcing the finals match, i thought it was obvious they were friends and likly worked a lot together, and the coach likly worked with brooks in the past

All I have to.say is I have BROOKS fever ha love watching the kid wrestle, by far the funnest wrestler to watch compete all yr for me. Only seen a handful of his marches & was.awestruck by some of his sick moves I cant wait to see how he does at the.collegiate level, nothing agsinst Tech but I.don't see him.staying there very long. He has the talent to be a Division I national champion

Dulaney didn't have to catch him!!    I thought that was a POSITIVE last night. 

You can battle on the mat, then be friends again as soon as you step off.

There is no other sport like wrestling!  Wrestlers no matter where they are from are family!!

That's the fighter mentality you mill be seeing a lot of Brooks in the cage. Just curious why did he jump in Delaneys arms Doesn't Brooks wrestle for warsaw and Delaney coach for notorious Yorktown personally Delaneys always been a punk and that rubs off on the wrestlers

1. Brooks is not a punk. Being excited, confident and ready wrestle. Nothing wrong with that. From coaching against brooks to cheering for him on the mat and in the cage, he deserves nothing but respect for the hard work he has done. Congrats little brooks! Hope to see you in the cage again soon, you're an exciting wrestler and fighter.

2. Delaney is not a punk. from what I know of coach delaney, he is a very very hard working coach that cares more about the kids than himself. ALL KIDS more than himself. With the success of Yorktown he must be doing something right. Congrats on your success this season.

Calling either a punk... Way to help ruin a kids state championship and a coach's success.

Here is the quote from Brooks in the SouthBend Tribune ?I did that, because I was supposed to move to Yorktown this year,? said Brooks. ?It was all set, but then we didn?t do it. But I?m friends with (the Yorktown coach) and I made a deal that if I won a state title, I would run over and jump in his arms.?

So Yorktown almost recuited Brooks also. So what in the world is going on with people saying Yorktown does not recruit. If there is enough smoke there is fire. This is something that keeps coming up every year, concrete examples of good wrestlers around the state moving to Yorktown. Open your eyes if you still say Yorktown does not recruit your blind!!!!!!

1. Brooks is not a punk. Being excited, confident and ready wrestle. Nothing wrong with that. From coaching against brooks to cheering for him on the mat and in the cage, he deserves nothing but respect for the hard work he has done. Congrats little brooks! Hope to see you in the cage again soon, you're an exciting wrestler and fighter.

2. Delaney is not a punk. from what I know of coach delaney, he is a very very hard working coach that cares more about the kids than himself. ALL KIDS more than himself. With the success of Yorktown he must be doing something right. Congrats on your success this season.

Calling either a punk... Way to help ruin a kids state championship and a coach's success.

How would a meaningless post in a forum ruin a state championship??? A little mellow-dramatic

Let's not ruin the kid's moment. He's a state champ. Finally got over the hump that him and his brother couldn't get over. In my opinion this topic is pointless. Not tryin to be rude by any means. I mean it's the state tournament. He probably wasn't thinking. He is a kid that was pumped and ready to go win a state title. Let the kid enjoy his spotlight!

This is ridiculous. I wish the team I was on in highschool were all like brooks. He was ready to go and you are all just over analyzing his actions. So what he got the ankle bands right then? The match was over and he was ready to go. And I'm pretty sure he has wrestled with Yorktown since he was a kid an if he wants to jump in Dulaney's arms. He can just do it. Who cares. They didn't need to recruit him, their success and history with brooks brought him in alone. Nothing more to it.

Great wrestling, and I like the young man.  He had the crowd humming with some of his exciting moves.  Many in the state have not had the pleasure of watching him wrestle, and he, Petrov, and T-shirts all made it worth the price of admission.  A great night of wrestling.

But to the subject of taking to the mat to grab the ankle band in the state finals.  I can honestly say that I have watched brooks wrestle for 7 years, and he has always done this even in middle school.  Does it bother me as a fan? Yes.  Only because I believe you should give the winner of the previous match his respect and just due, before you jump onto the mat.  Especially at a State finals so the pictures by fans and parents can be snapped,  and all hard work can be relished by all in that brief moment in time that they will remember the rest of their lives.

Things happen, let's try to remember Young Mr. Brooks for being a dominant state champion at 113lb this year, and wish him the best of luck at Indiana Tech.

Congrats, always a fan good luck in college.

Panther out.

Well if you take the time to watch any of Jarred's matches, since day one he has rushed out on the mat just eager to wrestle!! He jumped in Troys arms because my brother loves the guy!! Jarred had no intention of being disrespectful, especially towards his two great friends (Philips and Micic)!! Finally guys your lecture on disrespect and being rude is a bit hypocritical!!