2008 Cosgrove vs. 2012 Tsirtsis @ 145

BrennanFan

if i remember correctly, gavin mcginley had a 6-4 match with cosgrove in the semis. cosgrove was almost headlocked with time running out. cosgrove was a beast and so is little tsirtsis, but i think cosgrove has beaten better quality kids, but both of them beat a returning state champ their freshman year. i have to go with cosgrove winning 1-0.

If you look at the national picture. JT has beaten the nations best over the last two years or so, in folkstyle and freestyle to earn his #1 national ranking. So to say Cosgrove beat better quality kids is kind of silly. I don't recall BC having even close to the national credentials at any point or being at the level nationally that JT has maintained. After state and seeing how Stevenson does at 160 we can reflect back on the thrashing he took from a 147# JT(16-6 I think) and discuss the possibility of anyone shutting him out 1-0. BC was an outstanding HS wrestler, but clearly not on the same level as JT.

BC's funk would have gotten him in big trouble against JT.

JT by at least a major. 12-3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Jason has way to much offense for Harper Jason is a awsome kid and a great wrestler but I wil have ot defend myself and say no win by pin or tech  ;D it would have been fun if we were the same age but another thing is some people call it FUNK where  i dont really call it funk i call it being a athlete if you watch college matches there are severall people who roll and grab wrists and legs and roll through to get in a different position to not give up points but it is what you think but good luck Jason this weekend keep it up and win that state title ill be rooting for you  8)

Yeah Jason has way to much offense for Harper Jason is a awsome kid and a great wrestler but I wil have ot defend myself and say no win by pin or tech  ;D it would have been fun if we were the same age but another thing is some people call it FUNK where  i dont really call it funk i call it being a athlete if you watch college matches there are severall people who roll and grab wrists and legs and roll through to get in a different position to not give up points but it is what you think but good luck Jason this weekend keep it up and win that state title ill be rooting for you  8)

Class act!!!!! I still have you destroying him in a dance off. You and Chico's dance off I by far the funniest thing I have ever seen down at state!

Jason doesn't even have the takedown skills that Alex does. As I recall Devon Jackson took Jason into OT Jackaon never having won a state title. Harper was supposed to be the second unbeaten wrestler except for the shoulder injury. I'd say Steve Sandefur would beat Jason. Although, Jason told papers he could beat anyone at any weight class in Indiana lol good joke

Jason doesn't even have the takedown skills that Alex does. As I recall Devon Jackson took Jason into OT Jackaon never having won a state title. Harper was supposed to be the second unbeaten wrestler except for the shoulder injury. I'd say Steve Sandefer would beat Jason. Although, Jason told papers he could beat anyone at any weight class in Indiana lol good joke

The Jackson vs tsirtsis match was when they were sophmores. Since then tsirtsis has been ranked 1in in the nation and jackson was a super 32 runner up. Harper was tough but tsirtsis. And bothi

would. Likely win. And as for sandefer, i dont feel he has the tools to really keep it close with tsirtis. Theres a reason why tsirtsis hasnt been tested in two years. And jacksons only losses are to super 32 champ i believe in raley. Also Harper has never had the national success that tsirtsis.

What if Cosgrove shows up wearing this?  :o

ivixi1.jpg

If he showed up wearing that  the better t-shirt might not come to the mat therefor forfeiting the match

so ya we will take cosgrove

(by the way that photo is very distrubing)

I teched cosgrove.21-4

Yeah you teched an injured 15 year old Freshman, congratulations. He was so badly injured his coaches pleaded for him to inj def the semis and consolations but he wasn't gonna do it. Cosgrove winning 3rd in state that year was one of the most miraculous feats I've ever witnessed.

Of all of the wrestling I've seen Alex tsirtsis has the best takedown in the game. He could take anyone down at any time which includes his brother, but people don't ignore the fact that the kid arrogantly stated he could beat anyone at any weight. Who would like to see Gelen Robinson vs. Tsirtsis? Is this not comical to anyone else, because if you truly think Jason would win you are dumb. I've watched Ian Barclay easily the best wrestler in La Porte history get his ass handed to him by the current heavyweight who is a second year wrestler. Jason would have no chance.

Yeah you teched an injured 15 year old Freshman, congratulations. He was so badly injured his coaches pleaded for him to inj def the semis and consolations but he wasn't gonna do it. Cosgrove winning 3rd in state that year was one of the most miraculous feats I've ever witnessed.

excuses excuses

Of all of the wrestling I've seen Alex tsirtsis has the best takedown in the game. He could take anyone down at any time which includes his brother, but people don't ignore the fact that the kid arrogantly stated he could beat anyone at any weight. Who would like to see Gelen Robinson vs. Tsirtsis? Is this not comical to anyone else, because if you truly think Jason would win you are dumb. I've watched Ian Barclay easily the best wrestler in La Porte history get his ass handed to him by the current heavyweight who is a second year wrestler. Jason would have no chance.

But if you have tsirtsis vs anyone in the state and both weigh the same, and near identical strength, pretty much if they can make 145, hate to break it to ya, tsirtsis likely wins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.