LaHue vs. Moser

LHS_Wrestling

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt see whitley in the 113 bracket and wilson is tough but an early season loss, i dont see the same outcome now

He lost to Whitley at sectional and Wilson during the season, I was just wondering how those matches went.  Where is Wilson from?

He'll turn heads and surprise many people this weekend. I'm willing to bet that out of the 11,000 fans attending this weekend, more than 1/2 don't follow the kids circuit.

I disagree.

Furthermore, if they don't follow the "KIDS" circuit, perhaps they should since this often gives a person some insight into what is coming for the future. I am sorry but if anyone claims to be an Indiana wrestling fan and they have never heard of Bailey LaHue, they are out of the loop. I take it that since you are posting on a WRESTLING message board regarding the sport of wrestling that you are a wrestling fan. Maybe not? If that's the case, I apologize wholeheartedly.

I disagree.

Furthermore, if they don't follow the "KIDS" circuit, perhaps they should since this often gives a person some insight into what is coming for the future. I am sorry but if anyone claims to be an Indiana wrestling fan and they have never heard of Bailey LaHue, they are out of the loop. I take it that since you are posting on a WRESTLING message board regarding the sport of wrestling that you are a wrestling fan. Maybe not? If that's the case, I apologize wholeheartedly.

You think casual joe's and old timers go around to ISWA events? Read the ISWA yearly magazine? Or if they do they follow in the ins and outs of the up and new comers?

Even better do you think the 11,000 fans coming this weekend are hardcore on the kids circuit? Most of them will be parents, family, casual fans, and so on. No, they won't know who Bailey Lahue is, nor will they know who 90% of the kids are.

Did you capitalize KIDS because I struck a chord? If so I apologize, I wasn't attacking or trying to upset. I was just stating that there are a lot of people that do not keep on that. and I would consider them wrestling fans.

You think casual joe's and old timers go around to ISWA events? Read the ISWA yearly magazine? Or if they do they follow in the ins and outs of the up and new comers?

Even better do you think the 11,000 fans coming this weekend are hardcore on the kids circuit? Most of them will be parents, family, casual fans, and so on. No, they won't know who Bailey Lahue is, nor will they know who 90% of the kids are.

Did you capitalize KIDS because I struck a chord? If so I apologize, I wasn't attacking or trying to upset. I was just stating that there are a lot of people that do not keep on that. and I would consider them wrestling fans.

well lets just say this after this weekend you all will know him........enuff said

I consider myself an Indiana HS wrestling fan. I was unaware that one had to follow the elementary & middle school kids to actually qualify as a HS fan.

I guess that means that I am not a HS football fan either, since I do not know who the up & coming middle school players are. ::)

I disagree.

Shoettle is a great wrestler. This isnt a thread about Davis vs Shoettle from Novembers match. I saw the video and if I remember Davis got a reversal and the score was 6-4 in the final seconds until Davis dove for a take down. I was not there and could be wrong but Im very confident I am right. Either way...Davis wrestled LaHue much better than Sheottle on this particular day...that I did see. Its all match ups and November matches mean nothing in February. Johnson, Davis, Sheottle and LaHue are all 4 great young wrestlers and are all 4 respectful to each other. Let them enjoy this moment. Im sure they will all meet again in the future and I hope all 4 make some noise at state.

The score against schoettle was 8-4 schoettle 4 takedowns and he cut davis 4 times

He lost to Whitley at sectional and Wilson during the season, I was just wondering how those matches went.  Where is Wilson from?

I was at the Lahue and Whitley match. Whitley got an early takedown and stalled the whole match. He is NOWHERE near Lahues level. It was a complete fluke and whitley wrestled the best match of his life and fought off several takedowns. I knew it was a big fluke..hes wresled whitley i think 3 or 4 times now and any wrestler or wrestling fan knows how every time usually gets closer. regional finals lahue had him on his back in the first 30 seconds and had him stuck..match finished i think 9-0. He is the real deal. He will place top 6 for sure. Hes one of best freshman ive ever seen..

I saw LaHue for the first time last weekend and was impressed.  I thought he controlled Schoettle though he didn't dominate him.  He did handle Tyler Stock who is respectable and beat Davis who had been wrestling well. 

Schoettle on the other hand was an enigma.  He struggled with Mastison in the first round and won 2-0 on a very shaky takedown call.  Most everyone around me agreed that he should not have scored.  I didn't see much of his 2nd round match, but he utterly dominated SQ Alex Johnson in the semis in an 18-3 TF.  After watching that, I was surprised LaHue handled him, but he did.  I'm looking forward to seeing how far he can go this weekend.

Davis pinned Stock last week. Stock has never beat Davis. I agree about LaHue though...he has some nice takedowns and will go far. Johnson had a bad match. Shoettle did well in that match against Johnson.

i thought this thread was about lahue vs moser.... all im reading is how good lahue (im sure he is very tough for a freshman) is even though he has lost to two somewhat unknown wrestlers. there are other good 113 pounders in the state other than the evansville semi state

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.