Could this be the year? A female makes it to state?

lpd096

Oh, don't worry, she'll be wrestling girls...

...on the main stage of the OLYMPICS one day. Yep, I said it.

I truly believe by competing hard against the boys, she will be better vs. the GIRLS.

I have known Kayla and her family for a LONG time. One thing is for sure, she works her butt off to be the best. Don't be surprised if she is representing the Red, White and Blue one day.

You know I appreciate all the hard work she has put in but I still think there should be Boys Sports and Girls Sports..Andrews she should be wrestling Girls....

Thank you for appreciating all the hard work that she has put in, we also appreciate and respect your opinion. Kayla's goal is to someday win a gold medal for the U.S. in the Olympics. She will do that in freestyle wrestling. She will also wrestle freestyle in college. Currently there are no options for Kayla to train and compete in freestyle except during our states freestyle season. After that she wrestles the rest of the summer on the Cadet World Team. Kayla goes harder for longer (11 months a year) than anyone I know. She takes a month off of wrestling to run cross country for Culver. Most wrestlers believe "Summertime wrestling makes winter champions" for Kayla it's the opposite.... Winter wrestling makes summertime champions. Kayla really wants to win Cadet Worlds this year after a disappointing 8th last year. This is the only training she has right now. Trust me...she would rather be wrestling freestyle against females than dealing with everything that she has had to deal with in a male dominant sport. She doesn't ask for special treatment. She does not want anything but, to be treated like a wrestler....with respect. If she qualifies for state or not......hopefully everything that she has learned through that improbable quest enables her to win that Olympic gold that she dreams of....and makes us all that have had a hand in supporting her, even the male wrestlers who have faced her along the way, proud as can be.

She got the draw of a lifetime.  Her second match will be her toughest.  I know nothing about the Crown Point kid except you know he is battle tested, a junior, and probably stronger than her.  Culver Military Academy's schedule doesn't come close to that of Crown Point.  Just saying.  I think it would be neat for her to geter done, but I can't see it.  If she doesn't get it done this year, can she stay at 105.  Cause if she goes up in weight she will never make it to state.  It is simply a matter of muscle mass.  I am still definitely pulling for her.  Good luck kid! 

She got the draw of a lifetime.  Her second match will be her toughest.  I know nothing about the Crown Point kid except you know he is battle tested, a junior, and probably stronger than her.  Culver Military Academy's schedule doesn't come close to that of Crown Point.  Just saying.  I think it would be neat for her to geter done, but I can't see it.  If she doesn't get it done this year, can she stay at 105.  Cause if she goes up in weight she will never make it to state.  It is simply a matter of muscle mass.  I am still definitely pulling for her.  Good luck kid! 

CP Just Lost to the 106 from Lake Central so he has to win that one first Miricle would be the favorite

I can agree that our (Culver Academies) schedule is not as tough as Crown Points, but we have taken measures to toughen it up.  We picked up the Penn Superdual in December and now travel to the Indianapolis Cathedral Superdual in January.  The rest of our schedule has us facing a number of quality programs that are well coached.  We want to face the toughest competition possible to continue to improve our program.

CP Just Lost to the 106 from Lake Central so he has to win that one first Miricle would be the favorite

How could the CP kid just lose to the LC kid and be wrestling first round at Semi State?  I am a bit confused.  Did you mean at the end of the regular season?

Oh, don't worry, she'll be wrestling girls...

...on the main stage of the OLYMPICS one day. Yep, I said it.

I truly believe by competing hard against the boys, she will be better vs. the GIRLS.

I have known Kayla and her family for a LONG time. One thing is for sure, she works her butt off to be the best. Don't be surprised if she is representing the Red, White and Blue one day.

I strongly agree. Males have more muscle mass then females its just the science of our physique. If Kayla had the strength of a male she wouldn't lose the matches she has Imo

All the wrestling against males she does will only make her better n when she finally gets on the mat with females come Freestyle season she will have the skills & experience to dominate

Good luck Kayla I'm Deff rooting for you & will be following your career these next 2 yrs & so on & I hope to see you one day reach your dream of competing for Team USA & winning Olympic Gold

She has a great chance!!!

IMO she got a draw that gives her the best opportunity to get it done. And as always we wish her the best of luck. That being said, I'm going to have to go with Ervin of CP getting out of that group. JMO

She did get a great draw. We prayed about it and it happened....enough said. Lets not forget last years absolutely horrible draw into Micic (by the way I just love that kid). Last year she would have qualified for state out of any other Semi-state......she drops a heartbreaker in Regional finals 1-0 for her first loss of season, gets a terrible draw losses to Micic, deals with it, and presses on. Goes on to have a great summer of wrestling. Someday the behind the scenes story of Kayla Miracle will be known and most of you will be amazed at how hard she has worked her whole life and the adversity she has been through......especially this year. Her draw as a close friend of mine says......."It's providence".

By the way....someone asked if Kayla will be at 106 next year.......not a chance! She is putting on more and more muscle and the weight is already becoming an issue.

I do a thorough analytical look at my own kids weight classes each year around Sectionals time. It is basically a report looking at a specific weight class and a specific wrestlers chances of getting to state. I also break down and rank the Semi-states based on current rankings. It is kind of geeky but, if you love wrestling you would understand. It takes me about 4 hours to write it but in the end it's comprehensive. Someone smarter could do it faster....as another friend of mine says "We are a little slower down south"  I share it with my friends that love wrestling. If anyone is interested in it so they can break it down for their own kids I will provide

as a template. In the end though we can plan all we want but, our plan really doesn't matter....God's got it covered.

Good luck she got the draw. Outside of micic I think she competes with every other regional champ. I'm a fan. I would love to see the formula. This is still the merrillville semi state and one of the toughest weights to say Ervin Truver are push overs is crazy both come from the tough DAC. I don't know much about Davis from laf  Harrison. Good luck I hope she pulls it out.

Thank you for appreciating all the hard work that she has put in, we also appreciate and respect your opinion. Kayla's goal is to someday win a gold medal for the U.S. in the Olympics. She will do that in freestyle wrestling. She will also wrestle freestyle in college. Currently there are no options for Kayla to train and compete in freestyle except during our states freestyle season. After that she wrestles the rest of the summer on the Cadet World Team. Kayla goes harder for longer (11 months a year) than anyone I know. She takes a month off of wrestling to run cross country for Culver. Most wrestlers believe "Summertime wrestling makes winter champions" for Kayla it's the opposite.... Winter wrestling makes summertime champions. Kayla really wants to win Cadet Worlds this year after a disappointing 8th last year. This is the only training she has right now. Trust me...she would rather be wrestling freestyle against females than dealing with everything that she has had to deal with in a male dominant sport. She doesn't ask for special treatment. She does not want anything but, to be treated like a wrestler....with respect. If she qualifies for state or not......hopefully everything that she has learned through that improbable quest enables her to win that Olympic gold that she dreams of....and makes us all that have had a hand in supporting her, even the male wrestlers who have faced her along the way, proud as can be.

Even though I am torn on whether girls should compete with the boys. I have watched Kayla wrestle and beat most boys she wrestles. I would have to say, untill there is an even playing field for the girls in this sport, let her continue kicking the butts she has for many years. Nothing but the best of luck to you in your quest of fulfilling your dreams...

She did get a great draw. We prayed about it and it happened....enough said. Lets not forget last years absolutely horrible draw into Micic (by the way I just love that kid). Last year she would have qualified for state out of any other Semi-state......

this might be stretching it a little bit ya if she got a perfect draw she might have beaten perez @ New castle,but there are some good 103 last year i know she has problems with that didn't make it out those being: Cottey, Mantel, Belden and Lile so to say that you might be stretching it a little far. Don't get me wrong she is a great wrestler and i wish her luck but lets not say she would've made it out anywhere else last year.

She did get a great draw. We prayed about it and it happened....enough said. Lets not forget last years absolutely horrible draw into Micic (by the way I just love that kid). Last year she would have qualified for state out of any other Semi-state......she drops a heartbreaker in Regional finals 1-0 for her first loss of season, gets a terrible draw losses to Micic, deals with it, and presses on. Goes on to have a great summer of wrestling. Someday the behind the scenes story of Kayla Miracle will be known and most of you will be amazed at how hard she has worked her whole life and the adversity she has been through......especially this year. Her draw as a close friend of mine says......."It's providence".

By the way....someone asked if Kayla will be at 106 next year.......not a chance! She is putting on more and more muscle and the weight is already becoming an issue.

I do a thorough analytical look at my own kids weight classes each year around Sectionals time. It is basically a report looking at a specific weight class and a specific wrestlers chances of getting to state. I also break down and rank the Semi-states based on current rankings. It is kind of geeky but, if you love wrestling you would understand. It takes me about 4 hours to write it but in the end it's comprehensive. Someone smarter could do it faster....as another friend of mine says "We are a little slower down south"  I share it with my friends that love wrestling. If anyone is interested in it so they can break it down for their own kids I will provide

as a template. In the end though we can plan all we want but, our plan really doesn't matter....God's got it covered.

You actually prayed for a better draw? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.