Merrillville Predictions

warrior8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant see Kral losing to Robinson again

Iwasthinking just the opposite. After seeing Gelen take it to Kral, and the amount of confidence he seemed to gain throughout that match, I was thinking, I can't see Robinson loose to Kral again.

What meat grinder of a weight class.

Kral and Reagan should be a good ticket match.  Kral will need a new game plan like the one he had at DAC meet to beat Robinson.  Robinson is too strong to go upper body on.  I will say one thing I have not seen Robinson take a legit shot on Kral in the 3 matches.  I think Robinson got a lot of confidence in that last match.  Hope they meet this week and under the lights.  The last match was fun to watch.

Didn't  see this before my last post, but I would say you are dead on with all your points.

5-2 could be right, but I want to say Robinson had two early takedowns and was in control of the match the entire time.  I think he had a little trouble getting out from bottom, but beyond that he handled a pretty good wrestler.  New year, so last year doesn't matter much.  Robinson is a totally different wrestler than last year and I'm excited to watch some good wrestling at 220.

Didn't he lose by like 6 or 7? Seemed convincing enough to me. Anything can happen though.

every point robinson got was from krals mistakes. Kral was the aggresor the whole match, he attempted to go upper body for the first time and it backfired, he basically gave the match away

1. Micic - Hanover

2. Davis - Penn

3. Garza - Merrillville

4. Ervin - Crown Point

1. Brooks - Warsaw

2. Antwan Wordlaw - South Bend Riley (upset of the Day - drew Brooks early at Regnl.)

3. Adam Marvel - Delphi

4. Greg Newman - Wawasee

1. Paul Petrov - Hanover Central

2. Adam Garica - Merrillville

3. Blake Denton - Twin Lakes

4. Jacob Davis - Penn

1. Kyle Ayersman - Lake Central

2. Dalton Overmyer - Winamac

3. Josh Juarez - South Bend Riley

4. Grant Martsoff - Mishawaka

1. Tommy Forte - Mishawaka

2. Anthony McHugh - Culver Academy

3. Chris Johnson - South Bend Clay

4. Alex Mavros - Lowell

1. Alex Griffin - McCutcheon

2. Tristan Macri - Mishawaka

3. Mitch Hartman - South Bend Clay

4. Ben Varner - Penn

1. Jason Tsirtsis - Crown Point

2. Trevor Manspeaker - Penn

3. Alex Katsafaros - Cheserton

4. Aaron Madison - Benton Central

1. Adrian Brown - Lafayette Jefferson

2. Danny Ginter - Penn

3. Zach Sandefer - Merrillville

4. Chris Katsafaros - Chesterton

1. Dusty Schurg - Crown Point

2. Robert Stevenson II - Merrillville

3. Chase Hack - South Bend Riley

4. Kelly Kolat - South Bend Washington

1. Jeremy Crocker - Lowell

2. Darryl Peppers - Merrillville

3. Tony Rodriguez - Hobart

4. Mike Anderson - South Bend Riley

1. Matt Hurford - Culver Community

2. Dominic Fimbianti - Munster

3. Tanner Lynde - Delphi

4. Christian Winkle - Twin Lakes

1. Kourtney Berry - Merrillville

2. Alex Skipper - South Bend Adams

3. Jaylin Allen - South Bend Clay

4. Matt Langbehn - Crown Point

1. Joe Gallegos - South Bend Clay

2.Tyler Kral - Crown Point

3. Dustin Kult - McCutcheon

4. Gelen Robinson - Lake Central

1. Abraham Hall - Bremen

2. Kade Maggert - Penn

3. Marcus Dozier - South Bend Riley

4. Fabin Durant- Hammond Morton

Don't Sleep on the NIC 39 of 54 Reginional spots that advanced to Semi-State came from Mishawaka Sectional.

I like these rankings WAY better than the rest!!    :)

Micic

Z. Davis

Garza

Ervin

Brooks

Newman

Shurg

Brodie

Petrov

Garcia

Davis

Denton

Ayersman

Martsoff

Overmyer

Torres

Forte

McHugh

Alderman

Manning

Griffin

Macri

Hartman

Martin

Tsirtsis

Mavros

Katsafaros

Thorn

Ginter

Fuqua

Katsafaros

Sandefer

Steveson

Schurg

Sopko

Redweik

Crocker

Dale

Peppers

Hunter

Lynde

Fimbanti

Hurford

Kral

Berry

Langbehn

Allen

Skipper

Kral

Gallegos

Robinson

Kult

Hall

Ford

Swope

Kaplanis

every point robinson got was from krals mistakes. Kral was the aggresor the whole match, he attempted to go upper body for the first time and it backfired, he basically gave the match away

I wouldnt say that. Kral dug a double under and Robinson took him to his back A couple times it could have been back too. Robinson also scored on a front head lock off of krals shot. Robinson is only going to get better. He has former Calumet coach Sean begley working with Begs also wrestled at the citadel so a group with Josh Morgan and begs a 6'5 heavy will make anyone better

I wouldnt say that. Kral dug a double under and Robinson took him to his back A couple times it could have been back too. Robinson also scored on a front head lock off of krals shot. Robinson is only going to get better. He has former Calumet coach Sean begley working with Begs also wrestled at the citadel so a group with Josh Morgan and begs a 6'5 heavy will make anyone better

Ontherise I saw a different match.  Kral was in on single and picked robinson up and slammed him down to the mat and Robinson was tough and was able to scramble out.  10 seconds later Kral went with double unders and robinson won the battle with great hips.  This same moved happened 3 times in the match and Robinson got the takedown and did have Kral on his back, but Robinson never shot or was the aggressor he countered the entire match.  Again i don't care who wins like both wrestlers.  Just glad they wrestled that night.  That surprised me that they did.  Kral with about 30 seconds left got in on a deep single again but was so tired that Robinson flattened him out and got the go behind takedown.  Not saying Robinson won't win but I just see a different game plan by Kral.  So 7 point win margin was impressive but I could see it turned around.  

Kral has been better on the mat in the previous meetings but once Robinson won the 3 battle of over and under Kral looked broken to me.  I think these two may wrestle two more times this year.  

Ontherise I saw a different match.  Kral was in on single and picked robinson up and slammed him down to the mat and Robinson was tough and was able to scramble out.  10 seconds later Kral went with double unders and robinson won the battle with great hips.  This same moved happened 3 times in the match and Robinson got the takedown and did have Kral on his back, but Robinson never shot or was the aggressor he countered the entire match.  Again i don't care who wins like both wrestlers.  Just glad they wrestled that night.  That surprised me that they did.  Kral with about 30 seconds left got in on a deep single again but was so tired that Robinson flattened him out and got the go behind takedown.  Not saying Robinson won't win but I just see a different game plan by Kral.  So 7 point win margin was impressive but I could see it turned around.  

Kral has been better on the mat in the previous meetings but once Robinson won the 3 battle of over and under Kral looked broken to me.  I think these two may wrestle two more times this year.  

Ole Robinson is a manchild. Three sport athlete prolley dosen't spend much time in da room after wraslin season. Kinda reminds me of one of da regions finest ole Dexter Larimore. My guess da gridiron will be his place after high school. But I would guess a couple of state tittle will be part of his leagacy. Not bad for a kid who was born wit a b-ball in his haNDS.

Ticket Round Matches- (#=semistate rank) Very exciting wrestling on Saturday!

Katsafaros (#5) vs Morales(#7)

Maldonado(#6) vs Ginter(#8)

Hughes(#3) vs Sandefer(#4)

Brown(#1) vs Fuqua (#2)

That is rough...all four ticket round matches are brutal.....

It seems a lot of people are picking Martsoff to beat Burlison.  I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Josh Fuqua beat Martsoff 6-3 at 119lbs at the Traicoff and Burlison only lost 5-3 to

Binion, who of course is not now wrestling, but wa highly ranked at the time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.