#1 McKinley vs #2 Molloy

wrestler102

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can 'Predict' all we want but until the match happens nobody will ever know. Hope it happens tonight. I look forward to watching it. If i go all the way out there and it doesnt happen.. ill be pretty disappointed.

I would say after watching both guys wrestle over the past year or so, that neither have the mentality of ducking anyone... Give the people what they want!

Okay sense everyone is picking really low match scores ill pick 10-8 someone hahah maybe it will be more exciting than a 3-2 match to watch.

Sometimes a 3-2 match is more exciting than a 10-8 match, especially if there are good wrestlers involved

I will have to disagree i would rather see bot hguys get takedowns and try or maybe turn or both guys copme close to a pin rather  than, a take down a escape and the other guy get two escapes or a takedown whatever it is.

I said sometimes, and there are a lot of boring 10-8 matches.  A Knowledgeable fan that can see good hand fighting good faints and tactical wrestling can see some low scoring matches exciting.  At sectional this weekend a 4-3 match with a last second takedown was one of the most exciting of the day!  More often than not low scoring is less excited but not always I don't see how this match can be anything but exciting!  Good wresting is exciting score doesn't always matter

Mallory wins 2-1 on a IMO bogus sissor the head call...... I will and this McKinley took every shot Mallory took 2 shots the whole match.....Mallory backed up the whole match and stayed on the edge.....McKinley was in on 3 different singles and mallou would flee the mat every time.....Mallory finally got a warning for stalling with 15 seconds left in 3rd most refs would have warned him in the 1st period and at least 2 more stall calls........pretty bad IMO but they should wrestle again win it counts

I thought molloy circled alot he was just staying out of tieups, and McKinley did the same on molloys duck attempt in the first, McKinley was definitely more aggressive I think the stalling was warranted but I don't think stallig in first

Mallory wins 2-1 on a IMO bogus sissor the head call...... I will and this McKinley took every shot Mallory took 2 shots the whole match.....Mallory backed up the whole match and stayed on the edge.....McKinley was in on 3 different singles and mallou would flee the mat every time.....Mallory finally got a warning for stalling with 15 seconds left in 3rd most refs would have warned him in the 1st period and at least 2 more stall calls........pretty bad IMO but they should wrestle again win it counts

by the way, who were you rooting for? 

I thought it was a well wrestled match. I missed the illegal head scissors, but I think Malloy would have finished the take down if they would have not called it which would have made the match 3-1. After watching I think the next time they wrestle it will be another low scoring match and whoever scores the first take down wins.

I again think mcKinley will run out of gas and get put to his back, If Molloy wants to win he will win. Neal will beat him at state

The whole "wants to win" argument is the most ridiculous thing in sports. Of course he "wants to win" as does McKinley. Saying one "wants it more" is just a silly notion to make people feel better about themselves.

I again think mcKinley will run out of gas and get put to his back, If Molloy wants to win he will win. Neal will beat him at state--

Mckinley will definitely not gas..... i haven't seen Mckinley gas in a match as long as i've been watching him wrestle.  as far as him being put to his back, anything can happen but he hasn't been put to his back by anyone in a long time. and if he does go to his back, it won't be long enough to get called a pin.  molloy is a great wrestler, but so is jared.  i just think jared is stronger and more aggressive.  i'm not taking anything away from molloy, i just think that jared with come out with the win. 

I again think mcKinley will run out of gas and get put to his back, If Molloy wants to win he will win. Neal will beat him at state--

Mckinley will definitely not gas..... i haven't seen Mckinley gas in a match as long as i've been watching him wrestle.  as far as him being put to his back, anything can happen but he hasn't been put to his back by anyone in a long time. and if he does go to his back, it won't be long enough to get called a pin.  molloy is a great wrestler, but so is jared.  i just think jared is stronger and more aggressive.  i'm not taking anything away from molloy, i just think that jared with come out with the win. 

Our head coach has a great saying:  "No one is too good to get pinned."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.