Al Smith finals

AJ

Finals:

106: Boston, LN v. Garza, Mer

113: Brooks, War v. Flickinger, EM (3rd period pin of Schoettle)

120: Sparks, LN v. Newkirk, LawC

126: Ayersman, LakC v. Crume, Jim

132: Forte, Mis v. Loe, Peru (dominated Ferdig)

138: Molloy, Dan v. Hartman, SBC

145: Faurote, Bel v. Manspeaker, Pen

152: Katsaforos, Che v. Ntende, Gos

160: Sopko, Hob v. Steveson, Mer (both undefeated freshmen)

170: Rodriguez, Hob v. Mappes, CG

182: Adams, Jim v. Fimbianti, Mun

195: Skipper, SBA v. Baker, Bel

220: Robinson, LakC v. Nickson, Mer

285: Daniels, Gos v. Dozier, SBR

The uncalled takedown at the edge of the mat. Both their legs were in bounds and Hartman was clearly on top. The pin was rightfully called, but if Hartman were given the takedown, he likely wouldn't have gotten neck wrenched later.

This was a very close call tough to tell might have been two. For me the issue was not a single stall call on Hartman until the very end. Malloy took Hartman down out of bounds at least 7 times. Hartman wrestled most of the match with his behind on the edge. And gave ground for the majority of the match.

I will agree with that too, but so was calling the bulldog out of bounds earlier. There were a lot of calls here that I may not agree with.

Again in this match Adams was allowed to sit in a collar tie with a straight arm on Fimbianti's shoulder for what seemed like most of the match fighting off Fimbianti's shot attempts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.