brooks?

charger.dad

Wow touchy subject! He is without question a D1 talent going to an NAIA school. Who wouldn't question that?? I don't think it's out of line or demeaning in any way to assume that keeping him eligible scholastically could be a concern for the D1 schools. On the other hand his size could also be a concern. I'll always enjoy watchin him roll.

Wow touchy subject! He is without question a D1 talent going to an NAIA school. Who wouldn't question that?? I don't think it's out of line or demeaning in any way to assume that keeping him eligible scholastically could be a concern for the D1 schools. On the other hand his size could also be a concern. I'll always enjoy watchin him roll.

He does have DI talent, but that doesnt mean he HAS to go DI. Maybe he likes the school and it will give him more opportunities to pursue the life and career that he wants.  A college choice has many variables and sports sometimes is a very small one.

I wish him the best this year and in the future.

He does have DI talent, but that doesnt mean he HAS to go DI. Maybe he likes the school and it will give him more opportunities to pursue the life and career that he wants.  A college choice has many variables and sports sometimes is a very small one.

I wish him the best this year and in the future.

I agree with what you say, I just think it is a surprising choice.  It isn't every day that you see a kid ranked #1 in the country, that has had success on the national stage, choose an NAIA school.  For me, if I'm spending the time and money on camps, travel, etc. then I'm hoping it pays off with a D1 scholarship.

For me, if I'm spending the time and money on camps, travel, etc. then I'm hoping it pays off with a D1 scholarship.

I would say that a college education at an extremely reduced price would be worth it also, no matter where the education comes from.  College is not a cheap adventure and if you can go for free or very cheap I would jump all over it no matter what division it is.

Eli Larson from Trine has offers from a few Big 10 schools, but choose Trine for their engineering program.  He showed a couple weeks ago he has what it takes to compete at the DI level at the MSU Open.

Come On Mr. Brooks be a little more humble about your son.

You should open your eyes, My Little Johnny would never do that... It's always someone else fault. right?

You just added to a post a few weeks ago on why your oldest son quit wrestling at IU, due to Coach Goldman be a terrible coach, now you bash Warsaws head wrestling coach because he never wrestled or acknowledge he is ranked number #1.

Man give it a rest here on the board, and be a little more humble.

Good Luck to Jarred

Facts not fiction!! Neither one of my boys are perfect in any rightm they are getting their education and that's all that matters too me! All the money spent and traveling across the country was the best thing we could have done for the boys and I wouldn't take back an hour of it!  For the education

You are right, it is all about the Education, no if and or But's.

That was not my point here, you need to take back or better yet apologize to the Warsaw Coach and to Coach Goldman that has produced more than one National Champ.

AGAIN, Let your son's wrestling speak for itself. Be humble.

Legrider if your kid was unfairly singled out on a yearly occurance you would be a little upset as well I personally would of left the first time but they stuck it out there. He has all the right to be upset. And his choice in colleges is a great one he can always transfer after his first year.

Mike mena developed the national champs at I u. Justin wasn't recruited by duane. As far as apologizing, why would I do that too a man who treated my son like dirt, I think not and as far as the warsaw coach goes that would be the very last thing I would do. You can apologize for me if it makes you feel better!! I am done talkin about! Thanks for ur concerns and have a pleasnt evening