6 Collin Campbell- Lebanon 11th

7 Mike Venezia- Indpls Cathedral 12th

8 Dan Barrett- Southmont 11th

9 Josh Blanton- Alexandria 12th

10 Jake McCoy- Franklin County 12th

11 Jake Bottoms- Richmond 12th

12 Dylan Lydy- Ben Davis 9th

13 Ivory Dureson- Lawrence North 11th

Very tough weight class, hopefully Venezia can get another shot at Cambell, and if not hopefully Barrett can get another shot at Venezia.  3rd-8th is up for grabs

caught him in a headlock didn't he?

I was really looking forward to seeing Hugo wrestle today since I haven't seen him since last year.  I happened to post earlier in the year to watch out for him.  This kid is really fun to watch but hasn't seemed to improve very much since last year.  I still think that this kid could be an impact in the near future if someone could help him fine tune a couple of things.  Not putting him or Frankfort's coachs down at all.  Just saying that there is a future in this kid....Very exciting.  

Your exactly right! I think you will some good things coming out of Frankfort's program in the next couple of years with them getting a new young energized coach this year. I know there are plans for a lot of off season wrestling. Hugo is learning how important that is.

Your exactly right! I think you will some good things coming out of Frankfort's program in the next couple of years with them getting a new young energized coach this year. I know there are plans for a lot of off season wrestling. Hugo is learning how important that is.

Good for him and the whole Frankfort squad for getting a good young energized coach.  All you have to do is look at North Montgomery, Lebanon and Danville to see what good young coaches  can do for a program.  I see Van Horn is helping out with Crawfordsville and that has to be a plus.    When they get involved with the young kids and get the parents to buy into a program, before you know it, you have a strong school team that everyone is proud of, not that you wouldn't be proud of them anyway....

By the way,  they sure do grow some big, strong, corn fed boys out there west of Indianapolis.  The two girls that wrestled out there were just as tough as well, and you should be proud.  I seen one of them that just flat dominated a kid and pinned him like it was nothing. 

I still do not see how Borta is ranked 4th? Perez was handling him very easily and then got gassed and went to his back.  And i think you should have Chandler Moore from Southmont ranked at 120 his only loss has been to Smiley 0-3 and none of his other matches have even been close.

What is your deal with criticizing Borta on all your posts?

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

I still do not see how Borta is ranked 4th? Perez was handling him very easily and then got gassed and went to his back.  And i think you should have Chandler Moore from Southmont ranked at 120 his only loss has been to Smiley 0-3 and none of his other matches have even been close.

Name one kid that borta has gotten beat by that's under him?

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Name one kid that borta has gotten beat by that's under him?

I personally dont know any of his noteable wins or loses but i have seen him wrestle and can agree that he shouldnt be ranked so highly in semi.  He seems to be solid on top but majorly lacking on his feet where matches most often come down to.

He has only beat one of the kids under him he hasnt even wrestled any of the other kids i guess thats why my comments are about him, but rankings arent what get you to state so maybe he will prove me wrong in the post season and live up to his ranking

Gave harvey a heck of a scare last year

No he didnt??? Harvey was taking laxitives to make weight and almost got dq'ed for something that happend... the match wasnt at all close

I highly doubt you wish to state a wrestler was doing something illegal with his weight loss unless you know for certain.  I would think it unwise to put something so careless on a public forum without direct knowledge.  Coaches do not condone this type of weight loss, and young wrestlers should not look to these types of solutions for weight loss.  Things are much more strict than 15-20 years ago with regard to weight monitoring and management.

My son wrestled with Nick in middle school and Nick has always had the strength to be a good wrestler. From what I hear Nick has become a year around wrestler and is putting technique with his strength. I think Nick will make some noise in the future.

I personally dont know any of his noteable wins or loses but i have seen him wrestle and can agree that he shouldnt be ranked so highly in semi.  He seems to be solid on top but majorly lacking on his feet where matches most often come down to.

i have seen people who are great on their feet get beat by people who arent. The thing about wrestling is you have top bottom and neutral. I havent shismy een this kid, but id assume hes atleast decent on feet, and if hes solid on top and bottom, he could be deserving. My senior year i had a match with a state placer, and tho i was solid on my feet, he was better, took me down a couple times. And in the third period they chose down, i turned him twice times and beat him 11-8. It wasnt a fluke or anything, i just had a good enough top game to turn him. Plese stop criticizing a kid unless you have proof he shouldn't be ranked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.