Simpson vs Garcia

ontherise219

The noise was ear shattering, as Garcia started his comeback against Simpson--the whole gymn became alive--all eyes were on that match--as the score started to change little by little. Was 6-2 Simpson going to third period, when Garcia got a takedown with about a minute to go in match--to make it 6-4--Garcia then cut him--7-4--another takedown as Simpson seem to be running out of gas--while Garcia was energized by the crowd--7-6 now--Simpson still winning, everyone now knows is a race against time as Garcia cuts him again--to make it 8-6, as the place is rocking!!! Garcia takes him down --yet again--to tie score at 8-8, with 20 seconds to go in third period, he rides him out to send match to overtime. Fifteen seconds into overtime--match is over--with yet another takedown by Garcia--the place was going wild--what an exciting match put on by both young men--good luck to both at state!!

To be honest, the better kid did not win the match. when it was 6-4 i saw the look on Simpson's eyes and he had broke

How did the better kid not win the match?  Garcia scored 4 takedowns in 2 minutes and 15 seconds against Simpson.  If someone can take someone else down that many times, I would say he was 'better' and deserved to win the match..

To be honest, the better kid did not win the match. when it was 6-4 i saw the look on Simpson's eyes and he had broke

How could you say the better wrestler didnt win? Garcia lost to him at 125 earlier so he might have been the better wrestler at that weight. But clearly garcia is the better wrestler at 119.

How could you say the better wrestler didnt win? Garcia lost to him at 125 earlier so he might have been the better wrestler at that weight. But clearly garcia is the better wrestler at 119.

Im saying Simpson is the better wrestle because he broke... Our coach talks about breaking kids that are better than you and that it will happen. This is a case of that happening

Im saying Simpson is the better wrestle because he broke... Our coach talks about breaking kids that are better than you and that it will happen. This is a case of that happening

I dont think thats the case i think its a case of simpson couldnt take the weight cut , therefor i say garcia wasnt in shape at 125 when he was beat so simpson was better at that weight . Simpson was broke in the second period theres no excuse for that

I am really dumbfounded by this remark.  I think you misunderstood your coach there rockies62.  I would actually say the "better" wrestler won that day because of the fact that he did "break" Simpson.  On this topic though, what a heck of an effort by Garcia.  Can't remeber if it was Garcia or Garza who were attempting some foot sweeps, but definitely brought back some memories of a guy I know who used to hit those!

I am really dumbfounded by this remark.  I think you misunderstood your coach there rockies62.  I would actually say the "better" wrestler won that day because of the fact that he did "break" Simpson.  On this topic though, what a heck of an effort by Garcia.  Can't remeber if it was Garcia or Garza who were attempting some foot sweeps, but definitely brought back some memories of a guy I know who used to hit those!

I agree with Paul.  When two wrestlers are of similar levels, the one who is a little better can break the other wrestler, not the other way around.  I've seen it happen quite a few times.

That was Garcia, and I was thinking, "A high school kid with foot sweeps?" He is going to be a competitor at State, no matter who it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.