Can anyone beat Boston at 103????

Region Watcher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW  Ive seen people really read into something and make complete nonsense out of something said before but this is a really a  far stretch.

I dont think 105 down to 103 is a huge cut or  is it implied in her statement.

Where was the attack on Josh"s technique ?

Im pretty sure Josh was invited on the team as the 105 lb spot because Tommy was 90 or  95 but she would remember better than me.

We always thought highly of Josh and wish him luck this weekend

I am sorry if you read into something that was not said there.  I invited Josh to be the 105# at the Grand River Rumble in Michigan in August of last year.  If I had a problem with him or his technique I would not have asked him.  Tommy and Josh were at the Purdue camp last year and his dad told me he weighed 105.  At no point did I say he weighed WAY over 105. I was not saying that he was cutting a bunch of weight I was saying that he will most likely be at 112 next year because most kids do grow over the year and if he was 105 last summer then he probably won't want to hold weight all year just to wrestle 103 next year.  I hope you have a better understanding of what I said.  Good luck to Josh this weekend!

I am a fan and want this kid to win as much as anyone (go Indy wrestlers!) but c'mon... he's a 14/15 year old under the lights for the 1st time. 

You guys are acting like is the biggest lock ever. Can he win it - of course he could. Is it a sure thing? No way...

Region Watcher  he probably didn?t have as tuff schedule as Boston but he can wrestle. If you look back at the last 2  103lb state Champs. He also probably didn?t have as tuff a schedule as the kids from DA REGION. So I say Boomsma got a shot. Plus a cool name.

Boomsma...someone has already brought up he is tough as nails.  He is a senior with tournament experience.  He is strong for the weight class and that is why he is so dominant in the top position.  The schedule strength was brought up...Last time I checked Boomsma wrestled in one of the tougher conferences which he walked through.  I also don't think Bloomington South probably schedules and easy schedule.  Just say this, he is all business.  I wish all the 103 guys the best of luck from a former 98 pounder from back in the day.  It should be fun watching this weight this weekend

Region Watcher  he probably didn?t have as tuff schedule as Boston but he can wrestle. If you look back at the last 2  103lb state Champs. He also probably didn?t have as tuff a schedule as the kids from DA REGION. So I say Boomsma got a shot. Plus a cool name.

You might want to consider all his national wins and exposeure. Since for the most part that is all he has wrestled. Wrestled ISWA State last year and walked through everyone with ease.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.