When Indiana wrestling is classed

Galagore

Honestly I am al for ANYTHING that gets our kids on the mat more every year.   I think it is a great thing to have them wrestle as often as possible.

I just get bent out of shape when I hear all the whining and crying about people not have the advantages others have and why that is unfair.  Folks - LIFE IS UNFAIR, isn't that a part of what we as adults keep preaching to the kids as a FACT?

Wrestling IS life.  Life is Unfair.  Hard Work and Adaptation is the key to survivial in both...

Yeah.  I'm not sure I'm for class wrestling.  It is pretty cool that there is one champ but I can see the arguments on the side for class wrestling.  A classed tourney would be very easy to do over 1.5 days because it happens every year in numerous states.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the smaller schools can't beat someone their own size, they surely don't want anything to do with the bigger schools.  I have never heard of a 1A state runner-up in football saying they want a piece of Warren Central or Cathedral. 

I have heard of a 2A school wating a piece of the 5A schools after a 2A state championship.

Honestly I am al for ANYTHING that gets our kids on the mat more every year.   I think it is a great thing to have them wrestle as often as possible.

I just get bent out of shape when I hear all the whining and crying about people not have the advantages others have and why that is unfair.  Folks - LIFE IS UNFAIR, isn't that a part of what we as adults keep preaching to the kids as a FACT?

Wrestling IS life.  Life is Unfair.  Hard Work and Adaptation is the key to survivial in both...

That has to be one of the greatest posts I've ever read, Blue Bolt. Even though you are a Cake Eater and I really hate losing to Castle that was brilliant. I gave you a Wahoo for that one.

I have heard of a 2A school wating a piece of the 5A schools after a 2A state championship.

I have heard of that, but the quote I was referring to is when someone stated that after losing to MD, a small school would want to go after the big boys.  See below.

Just hand MD a trophy every year. Hands down. Then you will have your smaller schools arguing that they are on the same level or are wanting a shot at the big guys. For the current class they do have a shot and if they get it then they can prove themselves.

One more addition to the statement is that the IHSAA allows a school to move up a class if they wish to do so.  So in essence if a school thinks they have a great team that can beat the big boys, but can't beat Mater Dei, then they are free to move up a class.  

Also, the cool thing is in wrestling we can get 30+ duals in a season, so therefore we can see many common opponents or even meet head to head easier than in football with only nine games in the regular season.  Maybe if we go to a classed system Jim Wadkins invites the top small schools to the Triacoff each year to settle these disputes, which would not be hard to do.

Honestly I am al for ANYTHING that gets our kids on the mat more every year.  I think it is a great thing to have them wrestle as often as possible.

I just get bent out of shape when I hear all the whining and crying about people not have the advantages others have and why that is unfair.  Folks - LIFE IS UNFAIR, isn't that a part of what we as adults keep preaching to the kids as a FACT?

Wrestling IS life.  Life is Unfair.  Hard Work and Adaptation is the key to survivial in both...

Is the point of high school athletics to teach kids "life isn't fair?"  If it is, I really am teaching the wrong things.

I think the point of high school wrestling is to show that if you work hard you will benifit from it.  That goes for any individual in the state.  If you want it bad enough you can get there.  THe problem with you Y2 is your beat before your team even steps on the mat.

I think the point of high school wrestling is to show that if you work hard you will benifit from it.  That goes for any individual in the state.  If you want it bad enough you can get there.  THe problem with you Y2 is your beat before your team even steps on the mat.

Well you are right we don't work hard, we just eat Pringles and watch cartoons when other teams are practicing.  I guess you have been spying in on our practices. 

Your just not as good and I can tell you don't teach the mentality to be a champion.  No offense Y2 but when you get on a public board and tell your kids as individuals they don't have a shot against bigger school guys it looks kinda bad.  What are you teaching them?  Alright guys your going to get beat  against big schools and there is nothing we can do about it.  If thats your thought process why coach.  If you put limitations on kids how will they ever reach there potential.

Your just not as good and I can tell you don't teach the mentality to be a champion.  No offense Y2 but when you get on a public board and tell your kids as individuals they don't have a shot against bigger school guys it looks kinda bad.  What are you teaching them?  Alright guys your going to get beat  against big schools and there is nothing we can do about it.  If thats your thought process why coach.  If you put limitations on kids how will they ever reach there potential.

Oh yes, that is exactly what I tell my wrestlers.  You are beginning to scare me as you know way too much about me.  I may have to get a restraining order against you if you keep telling all this top secret stuff. 

We actually were undefeated against schools with 900 or more students this year chief, nice try though.

I hope we never has classed wrestling in Indiana.  Wrestlers from smaller schools want a shot at wrestlers from larger schools.  Let's never take that opportunity away.

Wrestling programs want a chance at survival

Wow, the Indiana wrestling community sure can stay on task well....there are a few other threads debating class wrestling on there...this is actually to ask about when we do class wrestling, how will/should the tournament be run?  I would say there are about 1.5 answers to this on three pages worth of replies.....nice.

We actually were undefeated against schools with 900 or more students this year chief, nice try though.

They why cry like a baby?  Why do you keep coming on here and saying you can't compete because of this or that?  Your a hippocrit and I am tired of it.

They why cry like a baby?  Why do you keep coming on here and saying you can't compete because of this or that?  Your a hippocrit and I am tired of it.

Why name call?  You have lost the debate sir with your personal attacks.

Because I care about the health of the sport in this state, not just Garrett's team.

Please stop following me around and watching me cry and then telling everyone about it, it kinda hurts my feelings.

The IHSAA will never class wrestling. Wrestling will die out in the next 20 years (my prediction) and I'm pretty sure the IHSAA shares that. Many small schools are already considering dropping wrestling due to financial reasons. They are not even considering the pay to play option because low income families can't afford it.

4 classes: 2 privates, 2 publics.  Privates one weekend, Publics another weekend. Do you think there would be the mandatory beer garden at the private states?

The beer garden would only be able to sell Bud Light.  It would be a great representation of the compettition, watered down.  On a serious note, this state isn't big enough population wise, for 4 classes.  Two at the most.

I should mention to the noobs that I'm as big of an anti-classer as it comes. I've given up the fight with Hungus and Y2, we agreed a long time ago to disagree. I now hijack threads with ridiculous scenario.

On the old board I devised the TripleB state series where every wrestler wrestled every wrestler and every wrestler was a state qualifier and state placer.

The IHSAA will never class wrestling. Wrestling will die out in the next 20 years (my prediction) and I'm pretty sure the IHSAA shares that. Many small schools are already considering dropping wrestling due to financial reasons. They are not even considering the pay to play option because low income families can't afford it.

You could be right and I hope you aren't.  I see a decent number of schools dropping wrestling very soon.  The sad part is I doubt anyone will care since it won't happen at the schools that have great followings or a lot of superstars.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.