Where did the fans go?

I got a very powerful MOJO!  I went to MSA for a dozen years...then it moved to Conseco and IT happened.  The regualtion nazi's started to take hold.  No more seat saving, no signs, no alcohol (unless you are in a suite, then anything goes).  I bitched and moaned about the fact that I had to drag my newborn son, dripping in sweat from the heat, in to sub-zero temperatures and re-enter again.  At that moment, the seed of hatefor the IHSAA was planted and the curse began. I listened to the crap about fire marshall and head count then....all TOTAL bs.  The folks in the suites sipping cocktaisl at a HS sporting event were poetic symbolism for the elitest attitude of the IHSAA.  They do what they want and answer to no one.

So the economy heads southand the internet comes to fruition and viola!!  Die hard fans that used to bust both legs and sell blood to get there are staying home DESPITE the product on the mat getting better every year.  Well at some point jumping through hoops and being treated like $hit gets old...or it could be thatI have the power equivalent to the goat at Wrigley field and the IHSAA State Tournament is doomed to fail until I receive an apology and fans start getting treated like guests (WOW what a novel idea!!)  ;D ;D :o

Is this true? (check highlighted quote)...

Wisconsin is having their state finals this week and hold the event in the Kohl Center.  It seats 17,500.  Only ticket you will be able to get are the ones being scalped for the finals.  People have told me they will have 12,000-15,000 for the first round then semi's on it will be sold out.  Assigned seating!  Oh yea they have 3 classes.  Someone forgot to tell them its not exciting.  

Now to this point, alot of Wisconsin coaches in the big division would like to have 1 class for the ind part of the tournament but the small school coaches won't go for that.  As for the team part of it when I talk to the coaches they look at me like i'm stupid when I tell them in Indiana a school of 300 students has to compete against a school of 3,000 in the team format.  First thing they say is how many points from ff's does that big school team start with?

Tim Spray

I will also say this I love the 1 class for Individual.

My memory back to the 1990's is not very good, but did they have an extra session back then?  Its hard to imagine such a steep decline in a short period of time.

That's exactly right.  Attendance figures were for 4 sessions back then.  We had to exit and re-enter twice on Saturday. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.