upsets

buckeye1

ahhh i dont think schendel over ehr is an upset. schendel is GOOD hahah but wow did anybody see how that match ended in the last couple seconds? i dont blame schendel at all for doing what he did total disrespect by ehr. come on gotta show better sportsmanship than that

what was the score?  was the late take down the deciding points?

I would say Adam Garcia Merrillville losing 1st rd to a seeger kid who was a 4 and got move to a 3 then the Seeger kid Hawthore. Turns around and gets beat 10-0 by Coppinger who Garcia has 2 wins over. Danny Rodriguez beat the logansport runner up, Preston withdrew

That definitely helped us out!

;

Seriously?? 1x champ,2x finalist, 4x qualifier loses to a wrestler who has yet to qualify and that's not an upset? It was a great match to be mat side for. Brady earned the win in OT, but the entire Lowell crowd and coaching staff obviously realized the big upset.

I dont think they were happy about an 'upset'.  Brady and his coaches knew where he was... It was a stepping stone.. but not an upset.. that match could be wrestled ten times and all ten would have a different outcome..  The important thing is that Brady knows his work has paid off and he is definitely in the hunt for the 140 lb state title!

That definitely helped us out!

I dont think they were happy about an 'upset'.  Brady and his coaches knew where he was... It was a stepping stone.. but not an upset.. that match could be wrestled ten times and all ten would have a different outcome..  The important thing is that Brady knows his work has paid off and he is definitely in the hunt for the 140 lb state title!

Seems to me that there are only 2 possible outcomes.... Both are great wrestlers and should make for a great finals match Saturday night.  Look for Porras to get some revenge!

I dont think you can call the brady win an upset they had 2 very close matches this year and brady just had porres number tonight hopefully it was a preview to next weaks final

After watching this match, I have no doubt Brady has the ability to beat Porras again.  And I'm sure Brady's family and coaches thought he had the capability to win the match, but I do not understand how this is not an upset.  Porras is a defending champ, runner-up twice, has placed 4th and 8th in the nation at  Fargo, and has a scholarship to wrestle at Purdue.  Admittedly, I don't know much about Brady, (other  than  he has had  two close matches with Porras). Please show me his credentials that would  convince me that  this is  not an upset.  By the way the definition of upset is "the defeat of a person or team that is considered more formidable".  Going in to that match, the consensus had to be that Porras was more formidable than Brady. 

After watching this match, I have no doubt Brady has the ability to beat Porras again.  And I'm sure Brady's family and coaches thought he had the capability to win the match, but I do not understand how this is not an upset.  Porras is a defending champ, runner-up twice, has placed 4th and 8th in the nation at  Fargo, and has a scholarship to wrestle at Purdue.  Admittedly, I don't know much about Brady, (other  than  he has had  two close matches with Porras). Please show me his credentials that would  convince me that  this is  not an upset.  By the way the definition of upset is "the defeat of a person or team that is considered more formidable".  Going in to that match, the consensus had to be that Porras was more formidable than Brady. 

Every season is a new season... Last year doesnt matter.  Head to head competition matters...  Although Most would have picked porras to win, most would have picked him to win by 1 or 2..  Thats an escape, reversal, or takedown away from a loss..  Sorry, but no upset here..  Ask Brady, bet he says he knew he could win it..

Credentials?  Who cares about credentials?

garretson peru 103 beat in ticket round by west noble i believe, busz nearly lost won at the last second i believe, and bevans won over homestead on a cotreversal takedown not given to homestead...what was thought to be the top 3 there almost all went down in the ticket round.

i was told by peru coaches friday night garretson got really sick like an allergic reaction to somethin he ate and was up all night and all morning puking and diarrhea at least every half hour.  he didnt sleep at all and his stomach wouldn hold anythin or let him eat anything either.  he weighed in at 98 pounds!!! :o when usually he is 104. due to this he just had no strength or energy and could hardly breath.  he beat schoettle at mishawaka 6-1 while hamm lost to him 5-1 which hamm ended up winnin the weight class.  this is just  a really sad thing especially him being a senior and this happenin to him right before semi state.  he was probly at 60% or less.  surprised he even wrestled and even managed to win his first one and gave a valid effort to go on. he really wanted it but u could just tell he was not himself at all.  props to him going out there and tryin takes guts.  best of luck to him with whatever he does

it was sad to see him lose b/c normally he would be on another level than the other 103s in the FWSS. tough luck tho it happens. i heard him tell his coaches before his second match that he was very nervous. great kid, best of luck shannon in whatever you do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.