upsets

buckeye1

garretson peru 103 beat in ticket round by west noble i believe, busz nearly lost won at the last second i believe, and bevans won over homestead on a cotreversal takedown not given to homestead...what was thought to be the top 3 there almost all went down in the ticket round.

I dont think you can call the brady win an upset they had 2 very close matches this year and brady just had porres number tonight hopefully it was a preview to next weaks final

;

Seriously?? 1x champ,2x finalist, 4x qualifier loses to a wrestler who has yet to qualify and that's not an upset? It was a great match to be mat side for. Brady earned the win in OT, but the entire Lowell crowd and coaching staff obviously realized the big upset.

ahhh i dont think schendel over ehr is an upset. schendel is GOOD hahah but wow did anybody see how that match ended in the last couple seconds? i dont blame schendel at all for doing what he did total disrespect by ehr. come on gotta show better sportsmanship than that

Other Notable Merrillville Upsets

112 Not Really an up set but a 4 seed Rodriugez Highland Made it through

119 Binion Mishawaka over Escobedo Lake Central Ticket Round

119 Binion Mishawaka over Gregory Penn 3rd/4th

130 Clark Calumet over Shrader Mishawaka Semi-Finals

171 Johnson Highland over Jurczack Ticket Round

189 Abu-Shehab Mishawaka(4 seed to State) over King Portage 1st Round

215 Gallegos SB Clay (4 seed to State) over Sumner McCutcheon 1st Round

285 Clark Logansport (4 seed to State) over Trappani Lowell 1st Round

No, upset of the day:

#5 seed Blowers from the Jay County regional gets in by injury of Justice. Wins his rat tail against Hersberger, beats #1 seed Clark, and loses at the last second to Cooper, almost made it to state as a #5 seed.  If he had gone all 4 of the state qualifiers at HWT would have been from the Jay County regional. Great job Blowers!

ahhh i dont think schendel over ehr is an upset. schendel is GOOD hahah but wow did anybody see how that match ended in the last couple seconds? i dont blame schendel at all for doing what he did total disrespect by ehr. come on gotta show better sportsmanship than that

I agree.  Two seconds left on the clock from neutral and Ehr turns his back on Schendel and Schendel takes a hard shot.

Turning your back on an opponent with time on the clock was disrespectful. Schendel taking the shot is wrestling.

Don't like it?  Don't show your opponent your backside with time left.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.