Team Regional Rankings (IGNORE-go to version 2.0 topic)

maligned

PLEASE IGNORE THESE PREVIOUS RATINGS and go to "Team Regional Rankings (version 2.0)" topic

The 8 Team Regionals:

Portage:

1.Crown Point

2.Merrillville

3.Portage

4.Kankakee Valley

5.Munster

Jimtown:

1.Mishawaka

2.Penn

3.SB Clay

4.Goshen

5.Elkhart Memorial

Adams Central:

1.Yorktown

2.Bellmont

3.Whitko

4.South Adams

5.Adams Central

Peru:

1.Delphi

2.McCutcheon

3.Lafayette Jeff

4.W. Lafayette Harrison

5.Peru

North Montgomery:

1.Cathedral

2.Lawrence North

3.Carmel

4.Westfield

5.Zionsville

Greencastle:

1.Perry Meridian

2.Bloomington South

3.Franklin

4.Pike

5.Ben Davis

Seymour:

1.Roncalli

2.New Palestine

3.Warren Central

4.New Castle

5.Columbus North

Jasper:

1.Mater Dei

2.Castle

3.Reitz

4.Jeffersonville

5.Evansville Memorial

The drawback in this type ranking ;

as an example, the top 3 spots at Seymor filled by teams from the same sectional, only one of them will be at team regional. It would be better to chose one team from each of the four sectionals if you wanted a better idea of what will take place at the regional meet.

as an example, the top 3 spots at Seymor filled by teams from the same sectional, only one of them will be at team regional. It would be better to chose one team from each of the four sectionals if you wanted a better idea of what will take place at the regional meet.

I don't think it's a drawback at all.  If the top 3 teams are from the same sectional, then so be it.  It'll give us all a pretty good picture at how tough some of these sectionals are.  State rankings aren't done the way that you are suggesting.  There's no reason to do regional rankings that way either, in my opinion.

That would essentially be a "Top team from each sectional" ranking.  Just a little different from what I was wanting to do.  I understand what you mean though.

Y2 i suggested the semi state team rankings and I think you are right it is a mess if the site were to do it.  That being said there would be some fun disscussions on these issues and enhance the site in that way.  You have personally talked about how small schools do not have a shot and do not get recognition I think it would be cool to rank the top 10 or 15 teams in each semi state.  I am sure a few small schools would make the list and help enhance there programs without changing the structure of the state tournement its just an idea though.

Seems to me that maligned and justadadnow are both on the right track, as ranking the top 3 potential sectional champs within each sectional separately, and then ranking the potential regional champ from the two #1's could be intersting also.

I would definitely put Huntington North ahead of Peru in your rankings. They handled them earlier this year.

Peru's lineup has changed since the beginning of the season and they would beat Huntington North in a dual now IMO. They looked tough at the Peru duals.

Peru and Huntington North should have one of the closest sectional scores in the state, IMO.

I agree, I think Huntington North will pull it out in the wrestlebacks, but think dual meet wise, Peru's team now slightly has the edge. Eckert has done a great job with the Vikings, they've come a long way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.