ATTENTION: 1 pound allowance for Day 1 of Al Smith

Darrick Snyder

Coaches at the seeding meeting were made aware that due to another team wrestling on Monday, there will be a one pound allowance on the first day of the Mishawaka Al Smith Classic.  Coaches not at the seeding meeting were asked to find brackets on this website so I figured this is also the best place to let them know about the extra pound.

Thanks

Darrick Snyder

In response to an earlier post if you have not made scratch weight yet this year you do have to make scratch weight before January 1.  And scratch weight means actual class 112, 119 and such, the 1 pound allowance will not qualify you at scratch weight.  You will be able to wrestle with the 1 pound allowance to but it won't count as a qualifying weigh-in at scratch.

Hope this helps!

Per a previously covered answer about a similar topic.

1. All wrestlers must have a minimum of six (6) ?qualifying? weigh-ins prior to Monday, January 25, 2010 which is the Monday prior to the sectional and the day of the seeding meetings. The six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur between November 16, 2009 and January 25,

2010. Additionally, one of the six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur in the month of January 2010 and at least one (1) of the qualifying weigh-ins must be at scratch weight for the weight class the wrestler is entered into the IHSAA tournament series. A weigh-in at scratch weight is defined as a wrestler weighing in at or below the actual poundage of the weight class (i.e. ? a wrestler weighs in at 111.9 achieves a scratch weigh in for the 112

pound weight class)

2. A qualifying weigh-in occurs when a wrestler weighs in at or above his/her minimum weight for that date as determined by the individual wrestler?s weight management plan. As per IHSAA by-law 60-2.b, a weigh-in for a tournament shall count as one weigh-in toward the

total of six (6).

In response to an earlier post if you have not made scratch weight yet this year you do have to make scratch weight before January 1.  And scratch weight means actual class 112, 119 and such, the 1 pound allowance will not qualify you at scratch weight.  You will be able to wrestle with the 1 pound allowance to but it won't count as a qualifying weigh-in at scratch.

Hope this helps!

Coach Hartman, I am sure you are wrong about the having to make scratch weight before January 1. Can you show me where on the IHSAA website this information is located?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.