Active coach with most individuals to win a state championship?

catfish

Please list any current coach with at least four different individuals to win a state title.  

I have updated the standings based off information gathered on this thread.  Please let me know of any changes and I will update.  I was surprised at how bunched up the coaching of state champions turned out.

8)8) Royce Deckard Bloomington South

6) BJ Faurote Bellmont

4) Derrick Snyder Mishawaka

4) Travis Walls Griffith

4) Steve Balash Hobart

4) David Maldonado Merrillville

4) Bob Harmon Castle

4) Brian Seltzer Elkhart Memorial

4) Dave Thompson Whiteland

I have updated the standings based off information gathered on this thread.  Please let me know of any changes and I will update.  I was surprised at how bunched up the coaching of state champions turned out.

8)8) Royce Deckard Bloomington South

6) BJ Faurote Bellmont

4) Derrick Snyder Mishawaka

4) Travis Walls Griffith

4) Steve Balash Hobart

4) David Maldonado Merrillville

4) Bob Harmon Castle

4) Brian Seltzer Elkhart Memorial

4) Dave Thompson Whiteland

Royce Deckard has had Paul Young, Kurt Kinser, JT Young, and Reece Freeman alone at Bloomington South. There was one year at Lawrence North where he took 4 to state and came out with 4 champs. So there are at least 8 right there. I don't remember the rest of his history before South.

I know this is a thread about current coaches and a bunch of good coaches have are tied at four.  Can you imagine the dynasty that coach Goebel had at MD when he could get four in less than an hour one year?

2002-03

103 Fernando Martinez, Highland 11

112 Reece Humphrey, Lawrence North 10

119 Garlan Early, Fort Wayne North Side 12

125  Angel Escobedo, Griffith 10

130  Andrae Hernandez, Griffith 11

135  Alex Tsirtsis, Griffith 11

140  Ryan Pribble, Turkey Run 12 

145  Craig Weinzapfel, Evansville Mater Dei 12

152  Dustin Nosko, Evansville Mater Dei 12

160  Sam Wildeman, Evansville Mater Dei 12

171 Blake Maurer, Evansville Mater Dei 11

189 Chase Thompson, Frankfort 12

215 Jake O?Brien, Franklin Central 12

275 Brent Surface, Michigan City 12

In the early 90's Deckard had four in one season w/ countless others in different seasons.

That was in 1992, but Deckard wasn't the head coach at LN then.  Those 4 and the countless others belong to Frank Svarczkopf.

Pendowskis last champ was Elkins. the next portage champ was chad biddle under jason hayes then then i believe mcmurry won both his under wilkins. so to follow the subject line portage under wilkins only has 2 titles(soon to be 3...or more)  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.