Semi-States

SnatchSingle

Last year's state results (by semistate):

Evansville: 1 champ, 3 2nd place, 23 placers. Returns (unofficially) 9 placers.

Fort Wayne: 3 champs, 2 2nd place, 23 placers. Returns (unofficially) 8 placers.

New Castle: 3 champs, 7 2nd place, 30 placers. Returns (unofficially) 14 placers.

Merrillville: 7 champs, 2 2nd place, 36 placers. Returns (unofficially) 18 placers.

These threads get really old.  The guys who start these are usually from Merrillville because they are looking for validation that their Semi State is the most ruggged.  I guess it's good disussion fodder but in the end means nothing.  Yeah!  You're buddy, son or the guys at your old high school wrestle in the Merrillville Semi State.  Whhoopppeee!  Should we all bow down and just hand the state 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th place medals to all the guys coming out of the Merrillville Semi State?  Get over yourselves. 

Nope.  Wrestled in IL so I have an unbiased view.  Not bitter either, but the truth hurts apparently.

Nope.  Definitely bitter.  You went out of your way to criticize the Merrillville semi-state; so you must be bitter. 

Guys (or Gals), I'm not bitter at all.  Just gets old hearing about how great Merrillville SS is.  Unquestionably they've got the toughest (overall) SS but some SS's are better at individual wts.  Whatever, waste space all you want "asking" what the toughest SS is.  It gives you great joy to  see in print how many more state placers come out of Merrillville.  And since you liked it so much, I'll state it again, nope, not bitter at all.

Nope.  Wrestled in IL so I have an unbiased view.  Not bitter either, but the truth hurts apparently.

Seam?s to me the discussion was fact based, very specific numbers were quoted for each semi-state, obviously after doing some research. Your rant was far more emotional, which would indicate to me you do favor one of the other semi-states.

So, who is it that the truth is hurting??

Which semi-state do think is the pre-season favorite 1oldwrestler?? And why?

Seam?s to me the discussion was fact based, very specific numbers were quoted for each semi-state, obviously after doing some research. Your rant was far more emotional, which would indicate to me you do favor one of the other semi-states.

So, who is it that the truth is hurting??

Which semi-state do think is the pre-season favorite 1oldwrestler?? And why?

I'm not blind.  I realize Merrillville's SS is the overall toughest based on its production at state.  My point is why do we have to hash it over and over again?  My other point is that it's usually Merrillville supporters looking for validation.  Just pipe down and let the results speak for themselves.

The reason we "hash over it & over it", is because we can! This is a forum for people's opinion's. Good or bad, different or indifferent. We have the right to voice our opinions, just as you have the right to complain and be bitter. It's all good! As long as people don't slander others, theycan say anything they believe. In the end it all comes out at Conseco!

And on a side note, this week we honor those who gave us these rights!

Happy Veteran's Day!

The reason we "hash over it & over it", is because we can! This is a forum for people's opinion's. Good or bad, different or indifferent. We have the right to voice our opinions, just as you have the right to complain and be bitter. It's all good! As long as people don't slander others, theycan say anything they believe. In the end it all comes out at Conseco!

Happy Veteran's Day!

AMEN!

Happy Veteran's Day!

Bitter, no.  Nauseated, maybe.

I would venture to say that the Merriville semi-state area as a collective is also very talented even looking past the state qualifiers.  However, it is basically impossible to judge which over-all area is the best top to bottom just off of the talent of the top semi-state individuals.  So yes Merriville semi-state top individuals have preformed the best in state lately.  But as for the over all best semi-state area that question has way to many variables to even be worth finding an answer to.

How many team state titles have come out of Merriville?

Merrillville - 12 champs, 19 runners up.

Fort Wayne - 11 champs, 8 runners up

Evansville - 27  champs, 12 runnersup

New Castle - 18 champs, 30 runners up

Evansville was mostly Mater Dei and Bloomington back in the day, Merrillville has had a lot of different teams, Fort Wayne is primarily Delta and Bellmont, and New Castle has a wide range.

Everyone just needs to breath, indiana wrestling is dang good ,but dem region boys will always be a hand-full... it's that dang coach pendowski that taught em everything, haha. Good luck to everyone.

hEY i Taught dat I was da only one whom wrote dat a way. Very true about Coach Perogi !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.