The Region 2010

ontherise219

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown Point will be a young, tough team, and has potential to  be down at Center Grove next year. With the work ethics of the wrestlers and the superb coaching staff at Crown Point, they will be solid through and through. Great job C.P. You guys deserve every bit of this!

and dont forget crown points middle school went 18-0 2 years ago...

Also they have now split into two middle schools and with that instead of just having 20 to 25 kids with middle school varsity experience you have 40 to 50.  I know that has helped out a lot of big schools by increasing the talent pool and I am sure it will do the same for CP.  All in all it should be another great year for region wrestling.

Over da last few years we have had some of da finest wrasler in da state from da region. I was lookkin at da state middle school results and did not see a whole bunch fr0m da region. I know ole LPD has a good crop of kids down dare in devil country.  I hate to be da bearer of bad news but tings are lookin pretty slim in a few years whit depth across da area. Da ole rat loves his region wraslin but he knows how to call a spade a spade !

Over da last few years we have had some of da finest wrasler in da state from da region. I was lookkin at da state middle school results and did not see a whole bunch fr0m da region. I know ole LPD has a good crop of kids down dare in devil country.  I hate to be da bearer of bad news but tings are lookin pretty slim in a few years whit depth across da area. Da ole rat loves his region wraslin but he knows how to call a spade a spade !

Perhaps we can ask Congress to earmark $1 billion to promote wraslin in the region.  Just kidding!  I think they're around but perhaps just didn't take the trip this year.

Transfers: All areas loose kids.  People move.  CP has had a couple solid kids leave and move after middle school.  Other schools have had the same thing.  That's life!  People move.

Middle School State: there is a lot of talented kids who don't compete in this tournament, so this isn't really an accurate predicator of success. 

Region power house??? 

Transfers: All areas loose kids.  People move.  CP has had a couple solid kids leave and move after middle school.  Other schools have had the same thing.  That's life!  People move.

Middle School State: there is a lot of talented kids who don't compete in this tournament, so this isn't really an accurate predicator of success. 

Region power house??? 

Of course people come and go..it's part of life.  With that said has there ever been a bigger transfer than this past year?

Region power house??? 

Of course people come and go..it's part of life.  With that said has there ever been a bigger transfer than this past year?

Who transferred?

Region power house??? 

Who transferred?

Obviously the biggest transfers were Roach and Tsirtsis to Crown Point. 

Add those two to any team, and you're on your way to having an "AllStar" team !!

Region power house??? 

Who transferred?

Add those two to any team, and you're on your way to having an "AllStar" team !!

From what I understand, neither of those two wrestlers attended any other high school besides Crown Point. 

Region power house??? 

Who transferred?

From what I understand, neither of those two wrestlers attended any other high school besides Crown Point. 

True, but they both mysteriously moved to CP shortly before highschool for "non athletic" reasons  :o..... Also, anyone know if Myers has always been part of the CP program? I seem to remember him rockin some Lowell razorbacks gear for many years as a youngster at the local tourneys

Region power house??? 

Who transferred?

True, but they both mysteriously moved to CP shortly before highschool for "non athletic" reasons   :o..... Also, anyone know if Myers has always been part of the CP program? I seem to remember him rockin some Lowell razorbacks gear for many years as a youngster at the local tourneys

What are you suggesting? From what I understand, Myers has always attended CP schools.

Region power house??? 

Who transferred?

Roach or  Tsirtsis never  went to another high school,  but their families "transferred" from their communities to CP.   That is huge in terms of putting together an All Star team.     It extends far beyond the W's and points on the scoreboard.  

cAN you blame either of dare families from gettin out of Griffith or Highland ?  Dare has been a migration from north county to da south or porter county for manny years. Da facilities at CP are second to none. Plus wit da top notch coaching staff - plenty of solid work out partners why not.  How many houses are day building in Griffith or Highland ?

cAN you blame either of dare families from gettin out of Griffith or Highland ?  Dare has been a migration from north county to da south or porter county for manny years. Da facilities at CP are second to none. Plus wit da top notch coaching staff - plenty of solid work out partners why not.  How many houses are day building in Griffith or Highland ?

They are building new houses in Griffith(off of colfax) and Highland(of of cline). Last time I checked Griffith and Highland aren't Gary or Hammond. But really if they did move to the area. I would hope that The CP coaching staff didn't have a effect on the house choice. But in these times of economic crisis I'm glad people are finding money to buy new houses.

No chance the coaching staff had anything to do with these boys and their families moving to CP.  I'm sure not one person on the staff even knew the Roach's and probably didn't know the Tsirtsis's parents.  Coach Vlink would never call up someone and ask them to move to CP.  Anyone that knows him, knows that would never happen.  Jealousy will get you nowhere - get over it - they are the STATE CHAMPS!

I am sorry, anybody that thinks that having the caliber of kids that were on the CP team at the time the Tsitsis and Roach family were weighing their options on where to move is being naive(sp?  sorry clive) I am sure there were other factors as well. What they did was nothing illegal.  They made a bona fide move into the CP district.  I think they would be pretty silly not to consider how the wrestling program was considering the caliber type wrestler they both are.

OTR, don't think you can put Hammond and Gary in the same category. 

No chance the coaching staff had anything to do with these boys and their families moving to CP.  I'm sure not one person on the staff even knew the Roach's and probably didn't know the Tsirtsis's parents.  Coach Vlink would never call up someone and ask them to move to CP.  Anyone that knows him, knows that would never happen.  Jealousy will get you nowhere - get over it - they are the STATE CHAMPS!

Not that the Coaches contacted them, but they saw the yard the area and said the high school has some great coaches. Also I know they won the State Title I watched online. Nice Job CP You made the region proud and if your the toughest team in 2010 I hope you are repeat Champoins.

I am sorry, anybody that thinks that having the caliber of kids that were on the CP team at the time the Tsitsis and Roach family were weighing their options on where to move is being naive(sp?  sorry clive) I am sure there were other factors as well. What they did was nothing illegal.  They made a bona fide move into the CP district.  I think they would be pretty silly not to consider how the wrestling program was considering the caliber type wrestler they both are.

OTR, don't think you can put Hammond and Gary in the same category. 

Come on X Card it is getting Close. I didn't toss E.C in there ;)

Come on X Card it is getting Close. I didn't toss E.C in there ;)

Actually, I would put EC in there before Hammond, still some very good areas in Hammond, don't get me wrong we do have some rough spots, but I would still say the better areas outweigh the bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.