Duckworth vs. Atwood

wrestler0606

I don't think we should question whether any of these boys has what it takes to win.  Don't you feel that they would not even be going to Indy if they didn't.  I don't think luck of the draw can get you to Indy.  Duck showed everyone last year in his run to the finals that he has the technical ability, strength and mindset to go all the way.  In this 171 class this year, you will need a break or two to go your way, but I'd have to say that there are at least 4 or five in this class that has what it takes, including Michael.

Cannot believe these 2 are meeting in the 2nd round, all i can say is Duckworth better be ready to wrestle a full 6 minutes and not run out of gas.  Good luck to both of these wrestlers, but i am pulling for Atwood to go all the way!!!!!

i would bet a lot of money that duckworth will win this match....after losing last weekend he is going to work even harder in the room to make sure that losing doesnt happen again this year. He was upset that he lost and wont finish perfect on the year, but i think a state title with one loss is acceptable...good luck Duck!

i would bet a lot of money that duckworth will win this match....after losing last weekend he is going to work even harder in the room to make sure that losing doesnt happen again this year. He was upset that he lost and wont finish perfect on the year, but i think a state title with one loss is acceptable...good luck Duck!

So you are a gambling man huh, we might have to work something out!!!      ;D

Let me get some of this action too, Duck was simply outwrestled and definitely outmanned by Grimes last week. Im thinking Atwood by 3

Whatever the outcome of this qt. final match it should have been under the lights match  I guess just poor understanding of how to run a state wrestling  tournament by IHSAA.

I am going with Duck  by 3

His total athletic abilities and mental toughness are going to take this kid a long way!

Even if they did seed the state finals, you couldn't justify putting Duckworth ahead of Grimes, since Grimes just beat him in the semi state the week before.  And, I don't think that you would want to put Grimes on the same side as Duckworth since they come from the same semi state.  So, even if you seeded the wrestlers for the state finals, it is likely that in this case Duckworth would see Atwood before the finals.  The only thing that seeding would help would be to separate semi state champions, which doesn't apply hear.

Yea I will take that bet

Whatever the outcome of this semi final match it should have been under the lights match  I guess just poor understanding of how to run a state wrestling  tournament by IHSAA.

His total athletic abilities and mental toughness are going to take this kid a long way!

They won't meet in the semi's.  If they both win they will meet in the quarters.

it is definately a shame that these two will meet so early.  would have made for one hell of a finals match.  just goes to show that you can't have an off day in indiana wrestling.  i think whoever wins this match will be atop the podium.

Whatever the outcome of this qt. final match it should have been under the lights match  I guess just poor understanding of how to run a state wrestling  tournament by IHSAA.

You can not blame the IHSAA for this happening.  If Duckworth would have taken care of business last Saturday, there is a possibility this match would have been under the lights match

You can not blame the IHSAA for this happening.  If Duckworth would have taken care of business last Saturday, there is a possibility this match would have been under the lights match

[/quote

Great call X, I was gonna say the same exact thing. WHAOO FOR YOU

lets go ATTACKWOOD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.