141 Andre 7-3 over Archuleta  9-3

149 Patacsil over Walpole 5-4  9-6

157  Kinser over Salazar  5-3   12-6

165  Manuel over Young  3-0  12-9

174  Perry over Corpe  3-2   15-9

184  Kissel over Parker  16-2  15-12    PU coach  unsport. -1 team point

197  Powless over Brown  4-3  18-12  last second takedown

Hwt  Everhart  over Kasten  3-1    IU wins  21-12

And which coach was it?  After my time at nationals, I wouldn't surprise me if it was Tom Erikson!

BTW Is Coughlin redshirting?

It was Erikson, kind of under his breath, then complained that he wasn't talking to the ref. He got hit two years ago down there also I believe.

125  Angel pins Eren 6-0

133  Beebe 5-2 over Ortega 6-3

141 Andre 7-3 over Archuleta  9-3

149 Patacsil over Walpole 5-4  9-6

157  Kinser over Salazar  5-3   12-6

165  Manuel over Young  3-0  12-9

174  Perry over Corpe  3-2   15-9

184  Kissel over Parker  16-2  15-12    PU coach  unsport. -1 team point

197  Powless over Brown  4-3  18-12  last second takedown

Hwt  Everhart  over Kasten  3-1     IU wins  21-12

For 2 consecutive matches the IU coaches have had their wrestlers take neutral in the 3rd while trailing -this makes no sense to me -Against Michigan Kinser took neural and got the td but had to cut the guy and take him down again only to lose on RT -young was behind 1-0 to Manuel when he chose neutral-Young had wrestled 2 periods w/out scoring and was down 1 why  not take down -escape and then it's tied and you don;t have to do something stupid to get a td -if you haven't taken him down in 5:50 seconds why start neutral ? Paul had to try some lousy shot and lost 3-0 .

Powless is doing amazing things for an overweight 174 lber -Brown was ranked 15th in the nation.

Herb, at the time of the match,Manuel, had been dinged with a warning.With Youngs agressive style you would think the way the matched had gone so far that he would get a TD or a stall point in the last two min. Second point have you seen Manuel ride? He's a pinner and very good on top. IMO I think they made a good decision,although the outcome may not reflect it this time. This guy Young will turn some heads soon, His time is comming.

It was one of the most exciting meets I've been to in quite some time. Gratz to IU on a job well done. FYI, Coughlin already redshirted, Kinser won the weight class from him. I agree with Disco that Young's time will come, though last night, he seemed to look a little tired in the final period.

Well, I admit that I missed a majority of the match due to a gastronomical urge that suddened upon me after downing one of the IU hotdogs, (which I had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for). It just seemed that in the final period he "looked" tired. Tough to gauge with out seeing the entire deal. What's with the hair cut though? Nobody cuts their hair during the Big Ten season...it's kind of like shaving during the playoffs!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.