Bellmont Results

Y2CJ41

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are welcome, my phone is about dead now!

I made it home and it was a great day of wrestling.  Match of the day was the Sandefer vs. Tonte match, wow was that a BARNBURNER!  The Perry Meridian vs. Mishawaka match was great.  I had Mishawaka losing after Harper lost, but they had their 152lber, a reserve, and 160lber step it up for some big wins. 

Jerrod Lewis of Whitko over #9 Cory Hudgins of PM 11-8 at 160.  Also of note littlevito with a steller sweeping job on mat 1.  Melcher of Bellmont over Joey Smith 14-10

My sweeping job was amazing...eventhough it was one of the most gross things i have ever had to deal with.  I'm glad we were wrestling Bellmont and the coaches helped a former Brave out.

I made it home and it was a great day of wrestling.  Match of the day was the Sandefer vs. Tonte match, wow was that a BARNBURNER!  The Perry Meridian vs. Mishawaka match was great.  I had Mishawaka losing after Harper lost, but they had their 152lber, a reserve, and 160lber step it up for some big wins. 

Mishawaka's 152 and 160

152- Marty Friedman

160- Richard Morin

Mishawaka's 152 and 160

152- Marty Friedman

160- Richard Morin

I know how Richard is, he's a great kid and I have rolled around with him up at the open room.  Friedman did outstanding today and definitely stepped it up when the team needed him to.

Wow it was a awesome day at bellmont. There was some great wrestling. I also wrote off mishawaka after harper had got pinned. Assuming that rest went how i planned it but it quite work out like that. Seen you were there Y2 over in the corner having your phone out figured you were giving updates  ;D.The best was wrestling was still going on and they were suppose to have a basketball game at 6 but it got delayed a hour because wrestling was still going on. But i thought for sure that they  were not going to wrestle that last round. For once wrestling get the nod over basketball.  :o

How did Matt Gerber do today??

littlevito...do you happen to have his individual match results?

He has looked very impressive so far this year!

Matt was very ill today, seemed to catch a pretty bad bug overnight.  He won his first match after throwing up more than I have ever seen someone throw up during a match.  He still decided to try and tough it out the next two rounds since it was against two very tough opponents, but yielded two losses in the process. After the 3rd round I sent him home early cause there was no point to compete in that condition.

My observations as a Bellmont fan. My match of the day was 195lb soph heavyweight Daniel Meyer over 284 pound undefeated Borowski from EM(the ref overreacted to the kid saying that's BS). Also after Gerber lost it, sales of red gatorade went way down at the concesson stand! Thought Bellmont wrestled better at the end of the day than the beginning. Also having 2 JV (although they are borderline varsity) kids wrestling Thatcher @189 and Mahlan 160 although he weighed in @152. Also very impressed with frosh B Faurote, just like his old man, a hard working no nonsense kid with great things in his future. To bad the weather didn't co-op. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

P.S. went back for BB game, feel like part of the bleachers are attached to my ass, (can I say ass)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.