Great State Finals moments

ontherise219

Did Hinton mess up his leg in football too?  I dont remember that.

I know good ol CombatSpeed did as well.

yeah. When Hinton was a sophomore he broke his leg in football

and still took second in state.

thats a badass right there

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite was 1994, quarter final on mat 4, 189 lbs in overtime the official tried to catch the wrestlers going out of bounds and got knocked out cold.  This was in Market Square Arena and the official fell off the mat, basketball floor, and finally came to rest on his back on the subfloor over the ice rink!  The official was still being attended to when the match finished with a substitute official from another mat.

02 State Finals FRIDAY Night:  Danny Williams(Warren Central) v. Justin Mora (Lake Central) 6-4 2OT

I think this has to be up there with one of the worst draws any Semi-Staet Champ could have gotten.

williams were justins only 2 losses that year.  i can't remember what his record was his jr. year, but he came out of nowhere his jr. year. 

i'm good friends with his older brother, and i think he told me that justin only started wrestling his freshman year of h.s.

02 State Finals FRIDAY Night:  Danny Williams(Warren Central) v. Justin Mora (Lake Central) 6-4 2OT

I think this has to be up there with one of the worst draws any Semi-Staet Champ could have gotten.

That same year, Bauman of Portage had just as bad of a draw as a Semi-State Champ drawing Jake O'Brien.  It was a rare occasion to see two of the championship matches on Friday night.

Some other great moments were made by the announcer!

How could you forget these classic names that he he pumped up with his great voice:

T.J. Hayes

Suninguri Rusungoko (sp)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.