Merrillville Semi-State Rankings 1/29

ontherise219

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He beat march with about 30 sec. left of the clock.  Thats not pretty handily.  That's one of those matches that can go either way next time,  and why would you say he has the upper hand on Roach?  Roach got a silver medal last year and Dillion got a bronze.  Last time i checked Roach was undefeated and pretty tuff!

The score was alot closer than the match really was...March was never once in postition to score a take down...Dillon was in control of the neutral position the entire match..March's offensive points came when Dillon tried to bail out on riding legs and gave up a reversal.The only way that match can go either way next time is if March wrestles totally different...If he comes out like that again, Dillon wins...Only reasons i say he has the upper hand is because i know the two wrestle each other in different practice rooms, and from what i hear dillon usually is in control there...The kid is also much more physically mature being a senior compared to a soph...Oh and Dillon took 5th last year i believe, not 3rd   ;)

4-3 Dillon 1 takedown for dillon 1 stall pt and a escape. March 1 escape and a reversal sounds like a real beat down

[

4-3 Dillon 1 takedown for dillon 1 stall pt and a escape. March 1 escape and a reversal sounds like a real beat down

When did i ever say beat down?? Come on you guys have been around wrestling long enough to see the difference between a controlling 1 point match and one that was up in the air, havent you? March wasnt creating opportunities to score like he normally would...Enough said

My source from CIA Northwest Says that Eric Roach Doesn't get taken down very much in that Room. But Practice is Practice. Booker T I know Dillon is your boy and it is always good to back up your h=guys we will find out in a little under a month. IS Surma going 140 still?

Has nothing to do with Dillon being my boy...Im not from Hobart..I would actually like to see March win a title this year, hes a great kid..He deserves it...But hes gotta wrestle a totally different match next time around to come out with a W.

[

When did i ever say beat down?? Come on you guys have been around wrestling long enough to see the difference between a controlling 1 point match and one that was up in the air, havent you? March wasnt creating opportunities to score like he normally would...Enough said

I have been around wrestling for a while and I do not think that match was so one sided.  I didn't like the call of stalling on Marsh when he was on bottom.  Your arguement is that Dillion has Marsh's number and Marsh has no shot if he goes out there and wrestles him the same way.  my arguement is that match could go either way next time, if there is a next time.  A different ref.  and that might not be stalling in his eyes,  or Marsh rides him out.  The state tournment is just around the corner and We'll be able to see Dillion and Roach for sure,  unless there is a big upset,  and whoever will be able to give all the we told you so's to the other.  So I'm done with this subject for now and done arguing like a 12 year old.....  enough said ;)

Roach beat a number 1 ranked kid from Illinois Saturday.  the kid weighed in at 140 to dodge Roach, so our coach bumped Roach up to 140 to give him some solid competition and Roach came out with a 6-3 victory.  He has not been taken down all year and Crown Point has 2 other kids that haven't been taken down all year.  Saturday the real show starts.  One of our undefeated kids has to wrestle another undefeated kid, unless there is an upset along the way.  That Merrillville semi-state is going to  be "The Greatest Show on Earth".  Better get there early if you don't want to have to stand up to watch the matches.

Roach beat a number 1 ranked kid from Illinois Saturday.  the kid weighed in at 140 to dodge Roach, so our coach bumped Roach up to 140 to give him some solid competition and Roach came out with a 6-3 victory.  He has not been taken down all year and Crown Point has 2 other kids that haven't been taken down all year.  Saturday the real show starts.  One of our undefeated kids has to wrestle another undefeated kid, unless there is an upset along the way.  That Merrillville semi-state is going to  be "The Greatest Show on Earth".   Better get there early if you don't want to have to stand up to watch the matches.

"Ranked"  :P

haha, Roach is a stud.

Roach beat a number 1 ranked kid from Illinois Saturday.  the kid weighed in at 140 to dodge Roach, so our coach bumped Roach up to 140 to give him some solid competition and Roach came out with a 6-3 victory.  He has not been taken down all year and Crown Point has 2 other kids that haven't been taken down all year.  Saturday the real show starts.  One of our undefeated kids has to wrestle another undefeated kid, unless there is an upset along the way.  That Merrillville semi-state is going to  be "The Greatest Show on Earth".   Better get there early if you don't want to have to stand up to watch the matches.

What was the kids name? Was he ranked number 1 in A or AA?

What was the kids name? Was he ranked number 1 in A or AA?

Check out the Wrestler of the Week article on the home page.

To answer the question of what class the Holmes kid from Illinois was in the answer is class  AA.  What difference does it make.  The Cubs play in the minor leagues and they have beaten the Sox, which is a major league team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.