Merrillville Semi-State Rankings 1/29

ontherise219

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Wisler ranked below Halsted for Semi State, yet ranked above him in the state ranking.  And who, when, and how is the semi state draw determined?

I understand that the regional winners will wrestle 4th placers from a different regional first round, but from what regional.

I noticed Kepner at 189 is ranked in the state rankings, but is below unranked Kaufman from Rensselaer in the semi-state rankings.  Kepner just won the Al Smith.  Rensselaer wrestles this Thursday at BC.  Is this just an oversight or is there a reason a kid could be above in one ranking and lower in another?  Do the same people do both the rankings? (state and semi-state)

No Rankingsguy Does the State Ranking and I do the Semi State Rankings. As of right now Kaufman in unbeaten from the info I have and hasn't gone a entire match yet. But we will know for sure this week if he should be ahead of Kepner who did have a great showing at Al Smith

Looks like Kaufman lost for the first time today to Abbott from Huntington North 8-4.  Will wrestle Kepner in the next couple weeks in a dual against Benton Central and again at conference.

For the 140 weight class, you have Trace Hall as a SQ his freshman year at 112, he just made it to semi-state that year.

Btw i believe Trace Hall never wrestled 112, even in middle school he was 115. Trace was a Semi-State Qualifier at 119 his freshman year... Kyle you should know that. and FYI Lymburner was a SSQ last year as well.  And Cody Ray vs Lymburner will be an aggressive match up.

For the 140 weight class, you have Trace Hall as a SQ his freshman year at 112, he just made it to semi-state that year.

Btw i believe Trace Hall never wrestled 112, even in middle school he was 115. Trace was a Semi-State Qualifier at 119 his freshman year... Kyle you should know that. and FYI Lymburner was a SSQ last year as well.  And Cody Ray vs Lymburner will be an aggressive match up.

I know that Tyler that's why I was telling ontherise219 that he had the thing wrong for Trace.

Kepner pinned Kauffman in second period.

Not surpised on the win, but a bit surprised he pinned Kaufman.  I thought Kaufman was ranked a bit too high for this poll, but being an avid Rensselaer fan I could not bring myself to say anything because I hoped I was wrong.  Things don't get any easier either as he will face Portage and Crown Point this weekend and Kepner again at Conference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.