Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings *2/3*

Y2CJ41

hahahahahahahahahahaha

12ozcurl - let Martin do his speaking on the mat and let this go, you have to "earn your love" with Y2... I have to agree with Y2 who has he beat this year?   I am not saying Harper has earned it either, but it looks like 140 is a weak weight class outside the top 3.  If I was ranking this class I would stop after 3 wrestlers because the remaining would be a coin toss...unless someone steps it up when the right time comes.  Just my opinion.

hahahahahahahahahaha good stuff!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no love for Martin at 140?  28-0 on the season, and hasn't had any trouble winning those 28.  Beat harper last year at sectionals and regionals, and harper has 4 losses this year.  I don't understand your criteria of   "rankings are based on this year not last."  He beat harper twice last year, and is currently undefeated this year, and wresteles a lot of the same schools as harper, so i doubt harper is seeing that much more competition, except in a few meets.  It makes no sense

Well maybe its just you and Mr. Martin's constant promotion of him that is the reason.  No other kid gets on here and tries to tell everyone they should be ranked and now he has you doing the same. 

Yo Y2CJ41....I can't remember of a single time that I have tried to get myself ranked. Or have told other people to get on here and try to get me ranked. I would rather NOT be. I really couldn't care less about rankings....they mean nothing come during the season or come tournament time. Everyone starts with a 0-0 record at Sectional in my opinion. So don't say I'm going around telling people to rank me because I don't care if I am or not. 12ozCurl wrestled at RS also, this is the only reason he says stuff about me. 

thank you =]

I agree that Martin is a good wrestler.  But if he isn't ranked then so be it.  He'll prove it if he is worthy.

But dont' worry...Y2 is having a bad day today.  He has been angry on another post today as well.

Good luck to all 140 and good luck to your Mr. Martin.  wish you the best!

If a wrestler's hopes are to be on these semi-state rankings, then I hope the wrestler can focus his attention more to just wrestling.  Why care about it, something to brag about to friends at the most.

Everybody likes a little recognition now and then. Rankings are just that, recognition.  Everyone likes for their boss to tell them good job, and so forth.

Y2. To be totally honest, i haven't talked to Josh in about a month, an hadn't talked to him for a lot longer before that.  I just know his talent and abilities because i grew up wrestling in the same program, and was a teammate of his older brother.  If you don't want to rank him, i'm fine with that, i was just trying to get him some recognition because he wrestles for a very small school that doesn't get recognition too often.

Josh wrestled really well.  Harper made a few mistakes he usually does not make, but give credit to Martin because he capatalized on those mistakes to win a great match!

Martin gave one point on a call made by the ref, so the only person I saw make a mistake in that match was Martin, not Harper. Harper and Martin wrestled a great match and Martin came out on top. Drop the rankings beef, they don't even matter, they are just for the kids to recieve the recognition they don't recieve from any other media source.

Lets put it this way, we are all glad you aren't doing the rankings.  Last year my rankings got 13th out of 57 people in the pick'ems and they were done after sectional. 

Who me?

I am just saying it doesn't make much sense to have a guy behind two guys that he has beaten.

Did you see when they were last updated?

Yes, I did. Which is why I said they should straighten out after this weekend because from the looks of it you update every week and a half to two weeks. Leaving it after this Saturday. I also said right now I would have them that way, but since they haven't been updated since and won't until after this weekend is why I said they will likely change. Sorry if you took it that they were updated overnight or something, I didn't mean it that way.

...and SSBeatReporter continues to share is vast knowledge of the Fort Wayne area wrestling....(or lack there of) which ever it may be.

I am sorry I always thought a win over somebody would lead to them being ranked higher if the previous rankings were close(of course, they haven't been updated since). I guess that is what I get for going to a school in the city.

kinda funny how bryant from muncie central beat bevans from yorktown 15 -4 (i think) in sectional finals but bryant is still ranked lower then bevans....any thought of why this may be..... ??? ??? ???

Rankings are ones opinion. Usually based on results and sometimes other factors. If someone does not like them they could make their own site and own rankings. I guess if they are not mentally capable of that they could hang around here and complain all day about someone else opinion. :oLOL      DARN IT I GOT ANOTHER BOO !!!LOL

most likely bc it isnt updated et.

It was updated yesterday, and Bryant is still lower than Bevans.

Overall, I would say that Y2 does a great job with the Fort Wayne rankings and I am glad he astarted it last year.  It gives us junkies even more stuff to talk about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.