Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings *2/3*

Y2CJ41

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, even though he doesn't want to be on here, he is deserving of the #8 spot at 152. Matt Davenport at 152 for Oak Hill has beat 3 kids in your top seven in the last 10 days. He beat McGuinn, pinned Kern, and beat Finnerty of JC tonight 6-1. he is 22-4, all 4 were decision loses to guys that are ranked (Bratcher, McGuinn, Pogue(2).

No he has not wrestled Baker. 

Has Baker beat the one person who beat Whitaker? No

Whitaker does have a couple quality wins, he did beat Corpe.

Baker is tough, and extremely talented, I just think that right now Whitaker may be a little better.  Can that change within the next two weeks, YES! I would not be surprised if Baker and Whitaker finish in the top 3 and semistate, and if they finish in the top 4 at state.  I am nitpicking, but right now I like Whtaker in a very close, possible ot, match.

purduewrestling hit it right on the nose.  Y2 has told me that many times this year, even though Josh Martin beat Harper from yorktown twice last year and is currently ranked 3rd in the semistate, he refuses to put Martin in the rankings because he hasn't beaten anyone of significance yet this year.  I gave up on trying to get him into the rankings, but come tournament time, I'm going to have the last laugh.  Martin is a beast.  His coach is his main wrestling partner in the room, and was a two time state placer in indiana.  Billy is a beast in the wrestling room, and gives great hands on instruction.  Also, Martin wrestles year round, attends the CIA camps, and goes to as many Purdue camps as possible.  I'm telling you, Martin will be contending for the championship at the ft.wayne semistate, and could make a run at conseco

I also think Whitaker will beat Baker at 152. I also think Janney will upset Chalfant. I think it's great that the rankings are here (and you guys do a great job w/ them) so guys can be recognized in a sport that gets little to no airtime and hardly any coverage via newspaper. That being said I was curious why people get upset about so and so not being ranked, we all know any one can beat anyone on any given day and thats what makes our sport great.

Still no love for Martin at 140?  28-0 on the season, and hasn't had any trouble winning those 28.  Beat harper last year at sectionals and regionals, and harper has 4 losses this year.  I don't understand your criteria of  "rankings are based on this year not last."  He beat harper twice last year, and is currently undefeated this year, and wresteles a lot of the same schools as harper, so i doubt harper is seeing that much more competition, except in a few meets.  It makes no sense

12ozcurl - let Martin do his speaking on the mat and let this go, you have to "earn your love" with Y2... I have to agree with Y2 who has he beat this year?  I am not saying Harper has earned it either, but it looks like 140 is a weak weight class outside the top 3.  If I was ranking this class I would stop after 3 wrestlers because the remaining would be a coin toss...unless someone steps it up when the right time comes.  Just my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.