Girls Wrestling IHSAA State Finals

decbell1

How does this affect the girls that are on their high school varsity team? Will they have to get a waiver from the IHSAA to compete in this tournament, since it is during the high school season?

From the information I've seen, the girls have to be part of an IHSAA high school team and it would count as 2 weigh-in points.  So I wouldn't think it would need a waiver as it would be considered part of their high school schedule.

Here are a couple of links with more information:

http://ihsgw.com/

IHSWCA Page

I think that would mean that if they compete in ihsaa and use up their 18 participation points then they would be over.......therfore needing some type of waiver

Congrats to those that put in the effort to get this thing going. I hope it develops into something that can provide these young ladies more opportunities.

However, I am a little concerned with the amout of weight classes lists for these first few years. I'm rooting for big numbers. Yet, I would hate to see thecompetition level spread so thin that the event feels more like a simple exhibition instead of a major event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.