Castle and Evansville Central sectionals delayed

chambers

Got this email from the Castle AD.

"After talking to the folks in Evansville and looking at weather maps, we feel there will be enough snow (and late enough) to push back the start of the Castle and Evansville wrestling sectionals on Saturday.

We will weigh in at 11 AM and begin wrestling at NOON.  We hope to finish by 7 pm.  Attached is an updated schedule of event

John Evers, AD

Castle HS"

Up to 3 inches. The amount is not the big deal. The timing of when it is going to fall is the problem. It appears the snow is going to fall Saturday morning ending around the time everyone would be on the roads going to the sectional. The delay is to allow the road crews a chance to get out and clear the roads and for the schools to clear the parking lots.

I can't believe they are making this call this early.  Not one flake has hit the ground and they are only expecting 1-2 inches of snow for evansville.  They should wait until the morning to make this decision.  It not like teams have to drive 2 hours for the sectional.

I just received the call from Evansville with the same news!!

What a joke!  Snow is to0 unpredictable to make this call now.    Weather.com gives a 40% chance of snow or 60% it doesn't snow.  I could understand if we were dead center in the path of the storm........

That's not actually how the % works.  40% chance means that the expect certain snow to hit about 40% of the area.  That's how it was explained by our local meteorologist.

That's not actually how the % works.  40% chance means that the expect certain snow to hit about 40% of the area.  That's how it was explained by our local meteorologist.

You would be correct sir.

Source: I'm a meteorology student.

And if you guys want accurate snowfall totals you should listen to Wayne Hart.  The Weather Channel and The National Weather Service forecasts are based more on grids/broad general areas and Wayne localizes it to our specific area.

Up to 3 inches. The amount is not the big deal. The timing of when it is going to fall is the problem. It appears the snow is going to fall Saturday morning ending around the time everyone would be on the roads going to the sectional. The delay is to allow the road crews a chance to get out and clear the roads and for the schools to clear the parking lots.

Thats right Ill be in one of those command centers directing the Plow Trucks, we have enough know it alls out there;  then if the busses full of wrestlers (and my son is one of those) delay then all we not have the  need to pull those buses out of a Ditch or have several wrestlers get hurt and destroy their chance to battle on the mat for the right to be a champion SAFE ROADS leads to Better competitionand a great day

Better safe than sorry!! I aplaude all the AD.s that decided this with common sense!!!

Thats right Ill be in one of those command centers directing the Plow Trucks, we have enough know it alls out there;  then if the busses full of wrestlers (and my son is one of those) delay then all we not have the  need to pull those buses out of a Ditch or have several wrestlers get hurt and destroy their chance to battle on the mat for the right to be a champion SAFE ROADS leads to Better competitionand a great day

Better safe than sorry!! I aplaude all the AD.s that decided this with common sense!!!

Personally I am all for the idea of being safe.  I say lets wrestle and when we are done have a huge multiteam snowball fight in the parking lot after wards!  LOL

Personally I am all for the idea of being safe.   I say lets wrestle and when we are done have a huge multiteam snowball fight in the parking lot after wards!   LOL

Maybe that's the IHSAA's new plan to determine a team sectional winner.  Team with the last man standing wins.

Maybe that's the IHSAA's new plan to determine a team sectional winner.  Team with the last man standing wins.

Personally I am all for the idea of being safe.  I say lets wrestle and when we are done have a huge multiteam snowball fight in the parking lot after wards!  LOL

DO we need to Ref to start the fight .... gentlemen    to your snowballs    let the fight beginnnnnnnnnnn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.