How would they have done?

Ok so I was wrong on a couple 

Boe- really good I had a lot to of people tell me that he would make the biggest impact of the incoming freshman I was disappointed to see him leave

at 150 I think I would still go Kresja and May but just makes Evansville more nasty

at 157 I think he would be more in the mix here Betz and Brabender look like grown men at 57. Pellot has a solid style that is difficult to wrestle 

I think he medals both weights 

175-Rojas really talented that’s Is a tougher spot I know he has a win over whetsel who medaled. I also think he medals I would love to see some results against Harden or Costello 

190- Veazy- absolute monster I heard he really improved in the ponderosa room. I heard he was coming back I would love to see him and Penola I know Gunnar has beat him before I think he is probably a semi finalist 

a couple others 

113- Justin Williamson Hobart split with 5th place finished Gavin Lewis this year has had tight matches with Boyd in the past 

132- Evan Stanley Lowell took 4th in illinois big class with the number 1 ranked wrestler there probably gave Jake his toughest Indiana born match. Has former wins over Demarco and thrine possibly semi finalist 

138- Damien Resendez Crown Point wrapping up a solid career in Illinois has beat solid Indiana guys lost lopsided to Shep I say SQ at minimum 

144- Jairo Acuna Portage very solid wrestler former illinois Medalist has also beat a lot of solid Indiana kids I think medalist or at minimum SQ 

Not taking away anybody Wrestling Skill, Age, Grade . 

For the Freshman at those weights I’d say Top 5 Placers . Hungry Seniors at that weight, Freshman either have to phenomenal athletes or absolute HAMMERS . Not saying it can’t be done . 

Veasy … Top 3, Gunner and Veasy exchange wins and loses though out their careers . Would he beaten Weaver this year ? Idk, if they wrestled in the past or not . 

Edited by TeamGarcia

3 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Not taking away anybody Wrestling Skill, Age, Grade . 

For the Freshman at those weights I’d say Top 5 Placers . Hungry Seniors at that weight, Freshman either have to phenomenal athletes. Not saying it can’t be done . 

Veasy … Top 3, Gunner and Veasy exchange wins and loses though out their careers . Would he beaten Weaver this year ? Idk, if they wrestled in the past or not . 

Past matches with Weaver wouldn't have mattered much since Noah's had such rapid recent physical and skill growth into what he is now. Still, it would be tough not to pick Veazy as champ if these 3 wrestled each other.

29 minutes ago, maligned said:

Past matches with Weaver wouldn't have mattered much since Noah's had such rapid recent physical and skill growth into what he is now. Still, it would be tough not to pick Veazy as champ if these 3 wrestled each other.

The way Weaver picked apart 2023 State Runner Up and a very accomplished wrestler and athlete that I known since he’s 4 years old in McConnell excellent defense wrestler . You don’t score very many points on that type of wrestler .  When the ref raised his hand . I looked at Asa and said . Explicit word .WOW !  Where is Rossville ? Then Gunner who has very tight matches with Kaden this year UTB, scoring was a minimum and he does it again to him. 

Gunner and Veazy are tight matches . I wouldn’t be surprised if Weaver scores same amount of points on Veazy . Matchups make or brake wrestlers . Weaver I think is a bad matchup for all 3 . 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

46 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

The way Weaver picked apart 2023 State Runner Up and a very accomplished wrestler and athlete that I known since he’s 4 years old in McConnell excellent defense wrestler . You don’t score very many points on that type of wrestler .  When the ref raised his hand . I looked at Asa and said . Explicit word .WOW !  Where is Rossville ? Then Gunner who has very tight matches with Kaden this year UTB, scoring was a minimum and he does it again to him. 

Gunner and Veazy are tight matches . I wouldn’t be surprised if Weaver scores same amount of points on Veazy . Matchups make or brake wrestlers . Weaver I think is a bad matchup for all 3 . 

The only thing I'll say about that is that we've only seen Veazy as a sophomore, too, and his jump up from already having been in tight matches with a killer like Orlando Cruz a year ago would be significant. And...the power output from Weaver that was a problem for McConnell and Henry might be slightly reduced against a fellow uber-athlete like Veazy. I'd consider dropping another $15 to watch Veazy-Weaver, though, I'll tell you that.

Edited by maligned

Did Veazy wrestle this year?  I didn't see him in the brackets at their state tournament.

Also, where did Boe move to?

Thanks

Edited by rdrodd1

57 minutes ago, rdrodd1 said:

Did Veazy wrestle this year?  I didn't see him in the brackets at their state tournament.

Also, where did Boe move to?

Thanks

Boe's wrestling in Illinois. Veazy was ruled ineligible. According to an article I read, he was formally adopted by a family in Colorado that his parents in FW felt could provide a solid family situation for him away from some things in FW. But the Colorado HSAA felt, according to their rules, that there were ties too close to his coach's wrestling club for the move not to have been for athletic reasons. So they made him sit out a year.

54 minutes ago, maligned said:

Boe's wrestling in Illinois. Veazy was ruled ineligible. According to an article I read, he was formally adopted by a family in Colorado that his parents in FW felt could provide a solid family situation for him away from some things in FW. But the Colorado HSAA felt, according to their rules, that there were ties too close to his coach's wrestling club for the move not to have been for athletic reasons. So they made him sit out a year.

Boe is in Florida at Highland Prep. 

Rojas Is at Wyoming SEMS in PA I believe.

Edited by TeamGarcia