Best Wrestling Rooms in the State

43 minutes ago, CoachLionheart said:

I would have to put Jennings County on the list.  If I remember the Coach correctly they can fit 6 mats on the floor.  It has bleachers on 3 sides for fans.  They do a really nice job of putting on tournaments at this facility.

Jennings County basically has an Auxiliary basketball gym with decent bleacher seating on 3 sides but not one fixed basketball goal hanging from their ceiling.  Fits 4 mats comfortably for an event, but could fit a few extra for a practice or camp.  A huge improvement over practicing on the upper level of the main basketball gym during b-ball practice and having to move the old school mats daily.

24 minutes ago, Banks said:

How many schools dont have rooms? Plymouth has never had a room. We just bounce around from different areas of the school depending on the AD.

Madison-Grant uses an auxiliary gym that is a shared space between JH cheerleading, various MS basketball teams, and baseball/softball. 

2 minutes ago, ArgyllWrestling said:

Madison-Grant uses an auxiliary gym that is a shared space between JH cheerleading, various MS basketball teams, and baseball/softball. 

We used to share the AUX gym with gymnastics, then got moved to a small loft area above our multipurpose gym and now were currently in the main gym behind the bleachers. I dont mind the spot because its pretty spacious, but having to roll up mats whenever there is a basketball games gets pretty annoying. 

We are very proud of our new facility (2021). It is on the second floor directly above several locker rooms, training room, and weight room. Huge storage room on the end capable of holding about 8 mats. Currently also houses coaches office, mop sink, meeting area and lockers. A few cardio pieces, small track, benches, timers, incredible sound system. Curtains to divide youth practices. Basically four full size mats. HVAC system is on BMS allowing detailed control of room temp, timing etc. Lots of natural light. We could not be happier given our school size. 

image.thumb.png.d64ab8e708109598098941de5f9bba04.pngimage.thumb.png.35aa443808305f73e3f952a5b9b503a0.png

image.thumb.png.e6bf43e8f920ec5e4bdc168e8d3e87e0.png

9 hours ago, Tommyboy said:

merrillville has best room i ever seen ... 4 full mats plus extra space for small bleachers for seating and a huge coaches office....

I wrestled in there during summer of 2015… An awesome room and with an awesome coach. Maldonado is a cool guy.

For an NCC basketball school, Marion's room was surprisingly great. 2 full mats. Padded walls. 40-50 feet of pull up bars. 4 ropes. On the other side of the wall was the swimming pool. You could lose 4-5 lbs in a tshirt and shorts. Stayed around 80 in there. 

Edited by CoachDuke2.0