Carnahan Invitational Top Teams and Wrestlers

Y2CJ41

17 hours ago, TysonNisley said:

. Also circle #2 Barr vs #3 Miller at 182, should be the premier match of the tournament, if you enjoy watching wrestlers outside of Indiana. Be an even cooler match if it was Barr vs Brewer though.

Caden tried Tyson. Dropped semi to Miller 9-4. Was 7-4 on feet on 3rd but gave up TD. But took out Illinois 3a #2 (Jack Lesher) 8-2 for 3rd. Lesher took out Brodie Porter here last year. Good win for my guy. 

Faceoff now… finals starting 

Edited by Mattyb

4 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Caden tried Tyson. Dropped semi to Miller 9-4. But took out Illinois 3a #2 (Jack Lesher) 8-2 for 3rd. Lesher took out Brodie Porter here last year. Good win for my guy. 

Faceoff now… finals starting 

Honestly a super impressive showing. Definitely gotta look out for Caden against the rest of Indiana now.

The DQ was in the semi final. The ref should have stopped it immediately after Cramblett put his head right under Goodwin’s kneecap and started forcing pressure against the knee joint on a straight leg. It looked like he continued to put pressure on the knee even after the whistle. 

That’s the first time I’ve seen a wrestler try that from the bottom. Usually they lift the knee over their head. In light of the illegal slam to his head/neck (2nd week in a row) and out of bounds continued wrestling where Goodwin had to jerk his arm free, Goodwin may have interpreted that head on kneecap move as an intentional attempt to injure him. 

When my son was in 7th grade, a kid did a low single from the neutral position (not bottom) and put his head near the same knee spot instead of lower on the shin. The MRI showed fluid leaking from his kneecap, and he had to miss XC conference and the first few weeks of wrestling practice in a leg brace. 

Goodwin was entirely justified in pushing Cramblett’s head off his kneecap since the ref wasn’t stopping it and his coach wasn’t protesting. A DQ beats getting carried off in a stretcher with an ACL, Meniscus, or PCL tear. 

Edited by tonyzirkle