The Carroll clock is running

Danny Bell1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, Danny Bell1 said:

Christian Carroll of New Prairie High School 220 pound mini Lesnar is someone most, if not all of us have heard of. We have been running what we call the Carroll clock. It had to do with the amount of time he would spend on the mat from his first match at sectionals all the way to the state finals. The second is whether or not he will get all falls throughout the series. The third was whether or not anyone will get to the second period. The over under was 15 minutes. As of right now he has spent a total of 2:06 at sectionals, and 1:18 at regionals for a grand total of 3 minutes and 24 seconds. What are your predictions over/under, all falls or not, and will anyone make it to the third period?

I think critchfield will take him in the 3rd and it will stay within 9 points 

15 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

I sure hope Critchfield and Carroll are under the lights. They both have been killing it all year. One more so than the other in some fashion. 

I'll add to this and answer a question asked earlier in this thread..

I've seen Critchfield more than Carroll.  Critchfield is positionally solid and seems comfortable in all positions.  He's wrestled some "close" matches (5-0, for example) and always seems in control.  He is good on top and his length helps on his feet.  Have no idea how he could fare against Carroll on bottom.  

I think he'll hold his own and make Christian work.  Will he win?  Will he stay off his back?  Not sure.  But from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like the type that would get steamrolled.  Of course, now that i say that, he'll probably stumble retreating a CC advance and end up on his back in :30.  
Either way, I hope to see it on Saturday night and not in the Semis.

Btw, I wanted to watch the Carroll - Grange match, but there is no video for that match.  Was there an issue with the stream at that time?  Most of the other matches have video available.  Disappointed

Edited by SWINfan

50 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I've seen Critchfield more than Carroll.  Critchfield is positionally solid and seems comfortable in all positions.  He's wrestled some "close" matches (5-0, for example) and always seems in control.  He is good on top and his length helps on his feet.  Have no idea how he could fare against Carroll on bottom.  

I think he'll hold his own and make Christian work.  Will he win?  Will he stay off his back?  Not sure.  But from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like the type that would get steamrolled.  Of course, now that i say that, he'll probably stumble retreating a CC advance and end up on his back in :30.  

Btw, I wanted to watch the Carroll - Grange match, but there is no video for that match.  Was there an issue with the stream at that time?  Most of the other matches have video available.  Disappointed

I was able to watch the Carroll Grange match and didn’t realize how quick Carroll was.  Grange ended up getting a TD and almost had another one until Carroll threw him to his back and pinned him.  Carroll is very strong and might be an issue for EMD 220.  With that said, I could see the EMD and GRANGE being a good match.  Like SWINFAN mentioned I would like to see Carroll on opposite side of bracket of EMD which would mean we would see EMD and GRANGE.

13 hours ago, SWINfan said:

People aren't talking enough about how Critchfield hasn't given up a single offensive point this season. Yeah, he's had a couple "close" matches (Willman 6-1, Inzarello 4-0, Farmer 4-1, Schuetter 5-0, Jenkins 5-0, Morrill 3-0) The first four of which when he wrestled them again (the only ones of this group that he has wrestled more than once) he pinned them in less than 1:00 or the beginning of the second period (Farmer). 

He also hasn't been ridden more than :30 throughout the entire season, while riding anyone that he wants. I wasn't able to watch the Carroll match due to no video, but it appears Grange took him down and was on the brink of a second take down before getting caught in the third. 

I'd like to see more details of the match between Carroll and Grange if possible but I think this is the first time people are actually realizing this kid is human lol. No doubt Critchfield will come in and make it every bit of a dog fight in every aspect.

15 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Yeah, the stream on Mat 1 was out all day long.  They could have used the deadlined streams from Mat 3 or 4 for the finals, but no one cared.

11 minutes ago, busstogate said:

Yeah, the stream on Mat 1 was out all day long.  They could have used the deadlined streams from Mat 3 or 4 for the finals, but no one cared.

I think the Critchfield/Grange match would be awesome . Morrill is a common opponent . Critchfield beat him 3-0 and Grange beat him 7-2 . 

Carroll just seems to have superb raw strength. Although I think he us probably a technical wrestler, yesterday was mostly hyper aggression paired with brute strength.

I think Grange did a good job slowing him down, fending off a few attacks and then starting to look for scoring opportunities. He did get to the legs for a 2nd potential takedown, but Carroll chest-wrapped him and flipped him over with raw strength. I'd love to see Grange vs Critchfield with the winner facing Carroll. Kudos to Juan Grange - he didn't back down a bit in an imposing situation

13 minutes ago, M109R said:

I think the Critchfield/Grange match would be awesome . Morrill is a common opponent . Critchfield beat him 3-0 and Grange beat him 7-2 . 

Agreed! Should be fun to see Critchfield/Grange and Critchfield/Carroll. Grange and Critchfield have a couple other common opponents in Butts and Deckard as well. Grange beat Butts 7-2 while Critchfield pinned him in :49, and Grange beat Deckard 6-0 while Critchfield pinned him in 1:21. 

17 hours ago, RedRock said:

Agreed! Should be fun to see Critchfield/Grange and Critchfield/Carroll. Grange and Critchfield have a couple other common opponents in Butts and Deckard as well. Grange beat Butts 7-2 while Critchfield pinned him in :49, and Grange beat Deckard 6-0 while Critchfield pinned him in 1:21. 

I just don't think anyone in Indiana will match up with Carroll  . And that includes 220 and 285 . I think he steamrolls to a title . I also think Whitenack is a threat to win 285 . He has a practice partner better than any other 285's practice partners . 

Edited by M109R

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.