Odd rankings

AlfredoCalderon

10 minutes ago, AlfredoCalderon said:

Just curious but do the rankers not speak to each other when it comes to rankings. I see that some wrestlers are ranked lower in their individual semi-states to wrestlers that are ranked lower to them in the state rankings

Educated opinions

11 minutes ago, AlfredoCalderon said:

Just curious but do the rankers not speak to each other when it comes to rankings. I see that some wrestlers are ranked lower in their individual semi-states to wrestlers that are ranked lower to them in the state rankings

This comes up every year.

Different people, different opinions, and on top of that rankings aren't coordinated to come out at the same time so different information is available. All of the rankers talk to each other very frequently. 

I like that Mike and I act mostly independently. I do reach out when I see some type of glaring error or if I need more info. 

I use his rankings, track, emails and then I have great people from each regional like @Bigtoe19, @navy80, @hook and half, and all my Brownsburg brethren (just to name a few) that I can reach out to when I need more info. 

1 hour ago, Paycheck141 said:

Something I've noticed is that some people who have no state experience or significant wins are placed higher than those who do, anyone else notice this?

State experience is not the end all, be all for rankings. There are many off-season events that factor into rankings that include head to heads that are not in the in-season database or higher placements over lower ranked individuals.

*Edit*

If there are questions, send them to the ranker and I'm sure they can explain further.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.