Most Stacked Regional/Sectional Weight Classes

pirate

1) Were there any regional weight classes that advanced all 4 placers through the semi state to punch their tickets this year? This happens every once in a while and is a neat achievement. Go ahead and shout out those regional classes who got three through too! I think off the top of my head I see that Mooresville 195 had 3 qualifiers from Jasper SS.

2) Further from this, can anyone recollect a time where a single sectional had 4 state qualifiers? I imagine this hasn’t happened many times if ever, but this would be a truly unique occurrence (I’m not sure how far back the current advancement layout goes).

13 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

2019 - 132 

Avon Sectional -  

Campbell 

Logan Boe

A. Garcia 

Mooresville Regional -

Campbell

Logan Boe 

A. Garcia 

Evansville SS- 

Campbell

Logan Boe

A. Garcia 

State Finals 

1st A. Garcia 

5th Campbell 

7th Logan Boe 

2017 or all 4 170s got through including state champ Eli Stock, returning runner up Vanhorn (eliminated Carson round 1 7-4), Cicerelli (eliminated stud Runyan) and Hays.. Vanhorn was upset Friday night by Cornejo.. Loaded 170 Regional with 6 studs that in any other Regional would've went on.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

14 hours ago, Jam said:

Crown Point 152 had all 4 through at semi state. They were also a 4-3 loss away from having all 4 through at 182 as well.

Not only did Crown Point 152 get all four through, but in one of the regional blood rounds, there was a wrestler up by 6 I believe and he ended up getting pinned, so I think that there were five wrestlers from this weight class that could have qualified.

Edited by TysonNisley

35 minutes ago, gogoplata89 said:

Perry Regional had 3 get out at 152 and 182

Perry regional also sent 3 at 106

all 4 Frankfort 106 pounders won over Richmond in rd 1, and all Perry 106s beat the Pendleton regional opponent with the exception of Dickey. Then Dickey and the Perry 106s all won.

And all but Dray of Warren return next year. Will be interesting to see how much they all grow if they can spread out

20 minutes ago, Coach Brobst said:

Perry regional also sent 3 at 106

all 4 Frankfort 106 pounders won over Richmond in rd 1, and all Perry 106s beat the Pendleton regional opponent with the exception of Dickey. Then Dickey and the Perry 106s all won.

And all but Dray of Warren return next year. Will be interesting to see how much they all grow if they can spread out

Nice catch! 

2016 160 Mooresville Sectional

Cayden Whitaker (3rd at State)

Burk Vanhorn (2nd at State)

Gleason Mapped (4th at State)

Eli Stock (Next years Champ)

They all wrestled each other atleast 5 times. No joke, if not more. 

Whitaker Won Conference, Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State, but found himself on the same side of the bracket as Jacob Covaciu.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.