IHSWCA Pre-Season Invitational @ Brownsburg High School

Fabio Jr.

Reminder that the IHSWCA Pre-Season Open is coming up October 19th at Brownsburg High School! The tournament is open to all wrestlers 8th-12th grade!

We had 130 entrants last year including some big names such as:

• Brendon Black - State Placer
  • Cornelius Elliot - State Placer
  • Tommy Cash - State Champion
  • Bailey Schober -State Placer
  • CJ Damler - State Qualifier
  • Gabe Koontz - State Placer
  • Blake Rypel - State Runner-Up
  • Damien Chambers - State Champion

Registration is open now at http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=143046009

Where:

Brownsburg High School

1000 S. Odell Street, Brownsburg, IN 46112

Tournament Starts @ 9:00 a.m.

Doors open @ 7:30 a.m. Main Entrance is Door 15

Weigh-in:

Sunday Morning 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.

Wrestlers will weigh-in with Singlet and Shoes

and be given a 2 pound allowance. Changes will be done at no cost.

Deadline for registration: 6:00 p.m. EST, Saturday the 18th.

This is a USA Wrestling Sanctioned Event … Cards for 2014/15 Will Be Required

The tournament format is NCAA Style -- First Available in Weight Class Order.

Each match will be 1:30,1:30, and 1:30

Easy to follow match order on Big-Screen Monitors and also online at Trackwrestling.com

Finals 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th will be run on Mats 1-4.

Flyer available at www.ihswcapreseasonopen.com

Any questions shoot me a PM on here or email me at wiesjahnn@gmail.com

One week left to sign up for the Pre Season Open at Brownsburg! It is a great way to knock some of the off season rust off and see where where you stand before you start your quest to Bankers Life Fieldhouse. We have had Manchester and Wabash commit to being there and many more  coaches were invited! Hope to see ya there!

I did NOT remember this from last year's Brownsburg event:

195 pounds:

1st Place Match - Blake Rypel (Fighting Irish Wrestling Club) won in sudden victory - 1 over Damien Chambers (Edgewood Wrestling Club) (SV-1 10-8)

WOW! ...talk about a precursor.

Just got home from this tournament and was wondering how the pools were picked. Was it just a random draw or did the track wrestling program pick them. The reason I'm asking is because my sons 132lb pool D had only 3 wrestlers in it and when it was all over it looked like they were maybe the 3 best wrestlers in the weight class. But 2 of them could only finsh 5th and 9th which they did. Not complaining, we had a good time wrestling and got to wrestle kids that we don't get to see during the season. Just wondering because this is the first time we've wrestled a tournament with this format. Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.