195 State Champ?

Mat_Rat_138

The Hanover Central kid looked as good as anyone on Saturday. He beat Woods in the finals.

I debated putting Tyler Scott in the poll because as you said, he looked unstoppable Saturday. We'll have to see how things unfold, definitely a title contender!

I might be a little biased but if Kral comes to wrestle instead

of pussyfootin around out there I think he has a chance, even

though he ha Johnson in the 2nd round, presuming he wins the

first round.  He may have lost the last 3 weeks, but they were all

close matches.  I remember back in the 80's Dennis Watson from

Merrillville was lucky to qualify for the regionals, semi-state and

state, but ended up on the top step of the podium.

I might be a little biased but if Kral comes to wrestle instead

of ***meow***footin around out there I think he has a chance, even

though he ha Johnson in the 2nd round, presuming he wins the

first round.  He may have lost the last 3 weeks, but they were all

close matches.  I remember back in the 80's Dennis Watson from

Merrillville was lucky to qualify for the regionals, semi-state and

state, but ended up on the top step of the podium.

I'd have to agree.. Kral will definitely have to step it up this week and wrestle his best on Saturday because Johnson/Woods/Thacker/Wagner have other things in mind.

Just wondering why Thacker who took third at semi state is on your list but Sandlin who dominated that semi state is not.  I get that Thacker was expected to win but he didn't. Sandlin showed up to win and recorded three falls on the day.  This weight is wide open and most of these guys are as likely to lose Friday night as they are to wrestle under the lights Saturday.

Just wondering why Thacker who took third at semi state is on your list but Sandlin who dominated that semi state is not.  I get that Thacker was expected to win but he didn't. Sandlin showed up to win and recorded three falls on the day.  This weight is wide open and most of these guys are as likely to lose Friday night as they are to wrestle under the lights Saturday.

I made the poll off of rankings, but I understand that Sandlin could just as easily wrestle under the lights, and that's why I stated earlier that many 7-18 ranked wrestlers are possible contenders. If it makes you feel any better, I am a fan of Partee and Sandlin! My step dad Mike Galbreath actually wrestled for Madison and I know Madison boys always come ready to win.

I made the poll off of rankings, but I understand that Sandlin could just as easily wrestle under the lights, and that's why I stated earlier that many 7-18 ranked wrestlers are possible contenders. If it makes you feel any better, I am a fan of Partee and Sandlin! My step dad Mike Galbreath actually wrestled for Madison and I know Madison boys always come ready to win.

Dude you are practically royalty in Madtown :) I have met you a few times at different tourneys...thanks for the vote of confidence.  One of these days you and Mike gotta get back down here. 

I am going with Kanez Omar who lost by 1 point this weekend to johnson in the finals . just so happens both young men let the emotions get the best of them and gave each other a friendly shove. unfortunately johnsons went unnoticed( i guess )and omars cost him a point                                ................................................. >:(IN A 1 POINT MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) >:(:o:( :-X

Katrell Moss will win without giving up an offensive point the entire tournament.  Only points scored will be escapes.  Wagner will be in the finals.

I will admit to having a strong New Castle bias, but I like Moss and Wagner too.

Wagner is like the Energizer Bunny and seems to get stronger as the match goes on.

Moss....well he's just a beast.

Katrell Moss will win without giving up an offensive point the entire tournament.  Only points scored will be escapes.  Wagner will be in the finals.

Only points scored against Moss the entire tournament were escapes.  Beat Wagner in the finals.  Very impressive tournament for this young man!

Only points scored against Moss the entire tournament were escapes.  Beat Wagner in the finals.  Very impressive tournament for this young man!

He wrestled great. Solid all the way around. He reminds me of one of his coaches...

Congrats to Wagner too on a great career.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.