Reitz vs Mater Dei

hook and half

Who is going to compete with Johnson and Pierre??? Unless you know something different I don't think Reitz has anyone on the level of these two that will make it close or compete....

Reitz 120 and 145  are very scrappy and will make it exciting. Neither of them are in awe of rankings or the name on the singlets. Do I think they will win? No. Will they make Johnson and Pierre work for the win? Yes. Reitz and Mater Dei kids always step up for one another and sometimes great matches come from unlikely opponents. That's all I am saying. Reitz will undoubtedly lose this dual. No doubt.

Reitz will compete at 120, 145, 152, 160 and 170 as well. Not sure that they win those matches but they will make it exciting.  I got Reitz 113 by pin and Reitz 132 by major.

Jourdan losing by major????  Can't see that happening.

Who is going to compete with Johnson and Pierre??? Unless you know something different I don't think Reitz has anyone on the level of these two that will make it close or compete....

Reitz 120 is a freshman named Caleb Craig. I have seen him this year and he is on the verge of making an impact.  Got a lot better wrestling Ferguson in practice everyday.  Very scrappy.  Maybe not a Johnson yet, but give him a year or two under Ferguson.

Johnson over Craig 7-2 good match to watch

What about that match was good to watch.  Johnson dominated him.  There was never a threat by the Reitz wrestler to score.  It was terribly boring in my opinion but maybe I'm wrong.  I will say the Reitz 120 did a nice job of not getting turned

a great crowd was on hand, I would guess about 1600.  unfortunately, the action on the mat did not match the enthusiasm of the fans.

mater dei wins 58-9; starts three reserve wrestlers.  reitz wins at 113 and 152.

not many fireworks.  the only real excitement came at 170.  there were a couple of great scrambles that did not end with a score.  md's kempf hits a spladle that turns into a fall.  the crowd was into that one.

#10 blake jourdan beats #4 josh davis, 3-0.

What about that match was good to watch.  Johnson dominated him.  There was never a threat by the Reitz wrestler to score.  It was terribly boring in my opinion but maybe I'm wrong.  I will say the Reitz 120 did a nice job of not getting turned

yes it may have not been the most exciting match but it's always fun to see someone like Craig from Reitz who is not ranked and a freshman, keep it close and battle with someone like Johnson who is 13th in the state and could come out of this year ranked top 8. And Craig did threaten Johnson to score as well, the kid took probably 3-4 shots and got Johnson's leg every time, he just couldn't manage to finish. If he starts finishing his shots better he will beat kids like Johnson.

There is a difference between threatening to score and getting in on a leg.  Craig will be good but for now Johnson is far superior

I agree somewhat Craig is not as far off of Johnson as you believe he is I think, but as of now Johnson is a a better wrestler. But give Craig till next year and you will see him begin to beat the kids like Jonhson.

I agree somewhat Craig is not as far off of Johnson as you believe he is I think, but as of now Johnson is a a better wrestler. But give Craig till next year and you will see him begin to beat the kids like Jonhson.

Johnson is a great wrestler. He didn't become a state qualifier and ranked wrestler by pinning everyone in 30 seconds. He did it by winning matches against solid opponents. Tonights match showed why he is ranked. He took a solid wrestler and beat him without getting fancy and or in trouble. Reitz 120 did a good job of getting in on shots but didn't have the capabilities to finish. The 170 match was definitely the most exciting match. That spladle was flawless. From the look of Reitz's JV team they are not a threat to reload anytime soon. They only had a handful of wrestlers. The varsity is full of inexperienced freshman. Mater Dei looks great from tip to bottom even with several JV wrestlers filling in and winning. I wish I could have seen Lee wrestle tonight but his back up did a good job. Great night of wrestling. Should be a great SIAC tournament.

Pretty much what I expected out of last nights dual. I knew Reitz's only chances were at 113, 132, and 152. I wasn't surprised but definitely didn't see Ferguson dominating Luigs like he did. Heard it was a quick takedown right into a cradle. Pretty impressive win for Ferg, not everyday you dominate a MD wrestler like that.

I do not know Craig personally, but sounds like he is on his way up.  My suggestion to him is not get tied up in the hype on this site.  Keep working hard young man.  If you are getting a state contenders legs 3-4 times in a match, then you are half way there.  Finish! Finish! Finish!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.