13. Westfield

14. North Montgomery

15. Southmont

16. Mishawaka

17. Avon

18. Ev. Memorial

19. Franklin Central

20. Center Grove

As always, these are based on dual team strength only. They are also based on the information on this website. If your team is missing a match in the results section, let us know, and the next rankings will reflect that information.

Ya, the Portage score definitely goes against my projection, but I am still taking Merrillville in the dual. I will see both teams at the Al Smith, and some of those head to heads should happen, so I will adjust accordingly if needed.

I have Merrillville 27-25.

LOL

Instead of mocking me, why don't you post your projection

If you don't agree with someone's projection and you feel it necessary to post your feelings on the messageboard at least have the decency to explain why.  Give us your prediction.  What do you have for a final team score?  Give us a weight class by weight class analysis.  You make a much better argument when you can provide facts and information to back up your predictions.

You definitely elevated the debate!

Did Decbell give a weight by weight ???

Heres Mine

Penn    Merrillville

106------------------4

113-------------------------------3

120-------------------------------3

126------------------6

132------------------3

138-------------------------------3

145-------------------------------3

152------------------4

160------------------6

170------------------6

182------------------------------3

195------------------6

220------------------3

285------------------------------3

38-18 Penn

Bear in mind that Trieber is Penn's 220 and Stohler (ranked @ 220) should be at 285. Also Varner (Penn) had a win over Covaciu last year . Swank stole Varners spot at 38 this year and Varner moved to 45 . 138 should be a tossup that I gave to Merrillville . 182 is also a tossup between Wisemen and Hollins , that I again gave to Merrillville . I also gave Hildebrandt the major , but could be a fall. The Varner -Rentas match at 145 will be very good as well .

Instead of mocking me, why don't you post your projection

Didn't mean to mock you , But you just throw a score out there without giving any projections . To say this years Penn team only scores 25 on Merrillville in a dual is kinda funny. Penn just hung 60 on Portage , I dought any other team could do that , as Franklin , Cathedral and Merrillville all wrestled Portage , and none of them came close .

I'd put Merriville at 7th and move everyone up one. I can't see how they could beat a healthy cathedral or warren and have to agree with m109r on Penn. personally I don't believe there is a team that could beat every team this year.

Im fairly certain decbell didnt pull 27~25 out of thin air.

I'm sure he didn't either . I would love to see his match by match projections . People say that individual rankings don't mean much when it comes to duals , but I disagree . Portage has 4 ranked wrestlers and Merrilville 5 . On paper Merrillville should be slightly better , and they were . Franklin has 7-8 ranked I believe , on paper the margin should grow against Portages 4 ranked , and it did as I believe Franklin won 47-25 . Penn has 10 ranked , the margin should grow even more to Portages 4 , and it did as Penn won 60-9 . So I was simply asking how a team with 10 State ranked wrestlers(and the other 4 just outside the rankings) could be ranked behind Merrillville with 5 ranked wrestlers . It's a discussion board. I wrote LOL because he did throw out a score , but I was looking for how he came to that conclusion .

I'd put Merriville at 7th and move everyone up one. I can't see how they could beat a healthy cathedral or warren and have to agree with m109r on Penn. personally I don't believe there is a team that could beat every team this year.

It would be very tough to do because it would probably be 3 straight matches of very good teams .

Who is cathedral missing that's coming back to impact the line up?

Mer pen

106 hildy maj

113 garza fall/maj

120 Johnson dec

126 Davis maj(Johnson solid not last year from a transfer)

132 scott(a transfer from CP) dec

138 covaciu dec(swank is pretty good)

145 rentas mer

152 rhinehart dec(Armstrong is very solid rhinehart could catch some funk and pin him)

160 mammolenti maj

170 Osborn fall

182 wiseman(hollins has been down wouldn't be surprised if he was at 70 he would be favorited over Osborn)

195 woods fall

220 stohler dec

Hwt streck fall

I have it 33-22 penn some toss ups either way I'm sure we will know more after al smith

I'm sure he didn't either . I would love to see his match by match projections . People say that individual rankings don't mean much when it comes to duals , but I disagree . Portage has 4 ranked wrestlers and Merrilville 5 . On paper Merrillville should be slightly better , and they were . Franklin has 7-8 ranked I believe , on paper the margin should grow against Portages 4 ranked , and it did as I believe Franklin won 47-25 . Penn has 10 ranked , the margin should grow even more to Portages 4 , and it did as Penn won 60-9 . So I was simply asking how a team with 10 State ranked wrestlers(and the other 4 just outside the rankings) could be ranked behind Merrillville with 5 ranked wrestlers . It's a discussion board. I wrote LOL because he did throw out a score , but I was looking for how he came to that conclusion .

Franklin beat Portage 47-10.

Mer pen

106 hildy maj

113 garza fall/maj

120 Johnson dec

126 Davis maj(Johnson solid not last year from a transfer)

132 scott(a transfer from CP) dec

138 covaciu dec(swank is pretty good)

145 rentas mer

152 rhinehart dec(Armstrong is very solid rhinehart could catch some funk and pin him)

160 mammolenti maj

170 Osborn fall

182 wiseman(hollins has been down wouldn't be surprised if he was at 70 he would be favorited over Osborn)

195 woods fall

220 stohler dec

Hwt streck fall

I have it 33-22 penn some toss ups either way I'm sure we will know more after al smith

Your not far off from my prediction . I just feel Penn gets more falls . They are a pinning machine this year . Penn either got 8 or 9 falls against Portage . I would give Mammolenti a fall , he is on a terror this year .

Winners for Penn

Winners for Merrillville

After hearing today that Michael Martin is not going to be in the lineup, I am switching 132 to Penn, which throws the projection back to Penn.

M109R, I'm sorry my posts aren't timely for you. There is a small religious holiday this week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.