IHSWCA Rankings in 3 Classes, Released 12-12-2013 (2nd poll of season)

YORKTOWN COLLECTS FIRST-PLACE VOTES IN CLASS AA

Yorktown continues to receive the first-place ballot of every Class AA voter who participates in the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association (IHSWCA) classed rankings.

The season’s second rankings by class were released today, with Adams Central continuing to hold the top spot in Class A (small schools), and defending state champion Perry Meridian still ranked No. 1 in Class AAA (large schools).

All three No. 1-ranked teams will participate in the IHSWCA Team State Dual Meet tournament at Westfield on Jan. 4, 2014.

Adams Central garnered six first place votes in the Class A poll. Churubusco and South Adams each had one.

In Class AAA , Perry Meridian received 10 first-place votes. Indianapolis Cathedral received the other.

IHSWCA CLASSED WRESTLING POLL

Dec. 12, 2013

(First place votes in parenthesis)

CLASS A

1, Adams Central (6)         78

2, Fremont          65

3, Churubusco (1)         50

4, Bremen                 42

5, South Adams (1)         41

6 (tie), Lewis Cass            27

6 (tie), South Putnam  27

8 (tie), Central Noble  20

8 (tie), West Central  20

10, Clinton Central         15

Also receiving votes:  North White 14, Prairie Heights 12, Triton Central 10, Woodlan 9, Southwood 5, Union County 2, Eastside 1, Milan 1.

CLASS AA

1. Yorktown (9) 90

2. Leo 63

3. North Montgomery 47

4, Twin Lakes 41

5, Heritage Hills 32

6, Peru 31

7, Western         30

8, Danville 29

9 (tie), New Prairie 25

9 (tie), Southmont 25

Also receiving votes: Bellmont 24, Hanover Central 18, Jimtown 16, Evansville Memorial 10, Culver Academies 6, Lebanon 3, New Haven 3, Fairfield 2

CLASS AAA

1, Perry Meridian (10)         105

2 (tie), Evans. Mater Dei 81

2 (tie), Penn         81

4, Indianapolis Cathedral (1) 75

5, Franklin                 64

6, Warren Central         62

7, Merrillville         54

8, Crown Point         26

9, New Palestine         18

10, East Noble         13

Also receiving votes: Carroll (Fort Wayne) 10, Bloomington South 6, Hamilton Southeastern 3, Center Grove 2, Portage 2, Carmel 1, Franklin Central 1, Mishawaka 1

Some of the rankings do make you scratch your head.  I thought that the thread that included results from 1A was very beneficial for the voters (I know it's not hard to type in the names of schools in the results section, but it was nice to have it somewhat organized in a thread).........I'm assuming that some of the voters didn't look at said threads.

Are the coaches making these votes even seeing results? Looks more like buddy voting to me. How does someone give South Adams a first place vote in 1A?

I cant say I disagree with this statement, I know its a lot of work to scroll through the results and keep track of every team's wins and losses. However I think it would be awesome if at some point we could have a rankings page for the Top 10 TEAM's in each class  just like the Indivudual rankings, have a column for notable wins & losses for the top 10 teams in each class, I feel if we had that information in 1 location the coaches could do a better job of ranking teams

I am surprised to see Hanover not ranked in AA, IDK their overall record but I know they beat #4 TL like 49-24 a few weeks ago, I am not just calling out TL either, I just remember posting this result in the previous rankings thread, HC should be a top 10 team IMO

( http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,27830.0.html )

I am sure that some of these top 10 teams have faced off already this season, it would be nice to see who has won/ loss against other ranked teams

The results pages have the option to search. If you put in 1A you will get only 1A teams and their records.  It doesn't take much to do at least a little research.  These rankings will determine seeds at team state and they are absolutely atrocious.

This is a nice feature, I had not tried to view results this way until now, nice to organize the teams from top to bottom by wins and losses & by class, quick & easy to see the top teams in each class based on W-L

http://www.indianamat.com/20132014-team-standings-standard/2013/12/

I think it would still be nice to take the top 10 ranked teams and next to each team have a coulumn for notable wins and losses, IDK how much work this would take though  ??? 

The rankings are only as good as the results, looks like the majority of teams are entering their results so we could do something like this, I could try and compile this in a simple excell spreadhseet and email to you, IDK if you can import that into the site or not but I def feel that if we had 1 rankings page for teams in each class, the coaches voting would evaluate better and the rankings would be more valid then they are currently

Looks more like buddy voting to me.

Bingo! 

The coaches vote is one of the many great reasons to eliminate the BCS.  They vote in a way that benefits them and they do very little research overall because they are busy coaching their own teams. 

Maybe an independent group should take over the team rankings for Indiana wrestling. 

Bingo! 

The coaches vote is one of the many great reasons to eliminate the BCS.  They vote in a way that benefits them and they do very little research overall because they are busy coaching their own teams. 

Maybe an independent group should take over the team rankings for Indiana wrestling. 

We have our own rankings that have very little bias and the ranker does an immense amount of homework and research.

We have our own rankings that have very little bias and the ranker does an immense amount of homework and research.

Considering all the variables and effort that goes into the rankings, I want to say thanks for all the hard work and effort. This site is awesome and gets better every year. There is no such thing as an unbiased committee.

I think it would still be nice to take the top 10 ranked teams and next to each team have a coulumn for notable wins and losses, IDK how much work this would take though

I like the idea.  I know I could do something like this on the new coaches association website.  What I don't have is a lot of time to do it right now.  Maybe over winter break?  I'll probably end up playing around with it next week, though.

Jake

I am just curious, who are the people voting in this poll? i dont know if can name specific people or not, but how do we come up w/ these rankings? And another question, how often will these polls switch before Jan.4th come IHSWCA state tournament time? I've heard top 4 are seeded, and the rest are blind drawed into those teams? So what I'm asking is... are the draws out yet, if not how do they come up with the draws?

I am just curious, who are the people voting in this poll? i dont know if can name specific people or not, but how do we come up w/ these rankings? And another question, how often will these polls switch before Jan.4th come IHSWCA state tournament time? I've heard top 4 are seeded, and the rest are blind drawed into those teams? So what I'm asking is... are the draws out yet, if not how do they come up with the draws?

Right...top 4 seeded, then the rest drawn in.  I believe the draw is next Saturday, live at the Jeff Classic.  There was some discussion of it being streamed, but I'm not sure if it's happening or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.