T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

I'm not sure that is how it works.  I don't believe that how a win or loss happens effects potential seed.  Just the actual win or loss.  If they all have wins over another, I'd think that common opponent who might have beat one of them, but then lost to another would be next, or win %, returning champion.  I could be wrong, certainly not the first and very definitely not the last.

Yea I guess i'm wrong on it too and I know there has been discussion on this forum about the interpretation but here is the actual wording from The Winter Bulletin, page 63, B6:

6. Determination of seeded wrestlers is given in order of importance:

a. Head to head competition; (The wrestler with the most head to head wins gets the seed. If they have beaten each other an equal number of times, then the winner of the last match gets the seed.);

b. Record against common opponents;

c. Semi‐State quarterfinalist in IHSAA Tournament Series;

d. A contestant with the best overall record (winning percentage) who has wrestled at least 10 matches;

e. Farthest advancement in previous year IHSAA State Tournament Series;

f. Draw by lot. Criteria is reset after determining each seed.

NOTE: A wrestler with less than ten matches may not be seeded ahead of a wrestler with at least ten matches

and a winning record unless he/she meets criteria in a, b or c. A wrestler with a losing record may not be

seeded unless he/she meets criteria a, b or c unless there are less than six (6) wrestlers in the bracket.

Based on all that is seems as of right now, Gough gets the #1 seed either by winning % or his furthest advancement in last years state series. Now that could change is Robinson beat Gough tomorrow at the dual (also Robinson's senior night). If Robinson wins, then Robinson get the #1 seed due to Terriquez being a common opponent that Robinson beat, yet Terriquez and Gough own wins over each other. I cannot find any other common opponent that all 3 havent beat. should be an exciting conference weight class to watch.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many weight classes are expected to be full?

my guess is 6. 113, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182

If anyone knows of a wrestler in a spot in my predictions where I have listed a "ff" then let me know and I will add them. I have searched long and hard for all the rosters and wrestlers. I know weights will probably shift around some more even but I try to adjust them as I hear of those.

Anyone know when the seeding will be done?

With the match tomorrow between centerville and Winchester my guess is Wednesday evening. I think the did it the night after the last couple years  but I'm hearing about some bad weather coming in tomorrow too so who knows what happens with that.

Genius ratings show the conference stacks up like this:

Rank  Team Name  Rating  SOS  SOS Rank  Class  Conference  Sectional

89 Union County 43.55 35.14 138 1A Tri-Eastern 24- Franklin County

97 Centerville 42.69 26.01 225 2A Tri-Eastern 23- Shenandoah

135 Winchester 32.60 19.64 273 1A Tri-Eastern 16- Delta

191 Union City 19.43 26.23 224 1A Tri-Eastern 15- Jay County

202 Hagerstown 16.07 40.89 85 1A Tri-Eastern 23- Shenandoah

219 Northeastern 10.34 38.82 102 1A Tri-Eastern 23- Shenandoah

272 Tri                 -8.70 25.90      226 1A    Tri-Eastern      23- Shenandoah

298 C.C. Lincoln -20.08 23.17 253 1A Tri-Eastern 23- Shenandoah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.