T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

notes from tonight...

centerville wrestled like puke. probably worst dual i ever saw team wise with very few exceptions.

centervilles 113 was in street clothes and a sling.

winchesters 285 was limping very bad after his match and icing his knee.

prescott got my vote, already updated my predictions. just words of advice for the freshman, your good, bring the cocky down a tad and let your wrestling speak. but thats it, very impressive.

So nothing big that would have made any difference though?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nothing big that would have made any difference though?

Well that's just it. They knew ahead of time that brackets won't be affected. Kinda made these matches pointless to some I believe. It's just a dual so I think the approach for some was to not get injured or do anything to cost them Saturday. Had this dual happen prior to seed meeting then I think we would have seen a different event altogether.

Well that's just it. They knew ahead of time that brackets won't be affected. Kinda made these matches pointless to some I believe. It's just a dual so I think the approach for some was to not get injured or do anything to cost them Saturday. Had this dual happen prior to seed meeting then I think we would have seen a different event altogether.

Good point.

Good point.

yea but unfortuntely...im gonna sound like an old fart but "back in my day" we gave 120% regardless. It didnt matter if it was for first place or last place or practice...you went out and took care of business and im not talking wrestling only. im talking anything that you did, you did it to the max. "nowadays" it seems there are different levels that kids will turn it up to depending on whats on the line. i dont get it, i dont understand it and never will but i see it all the time. maybe i was a lucky one that just never got hurt or injured to the point i couldnt compete, maybe i would have a different take on it if i did, who knows.

Going hard all the time ended my sports career.. Darn fences..

i just jumped over them...including a couple years ago at the ripe old age of 38, playing left field for church softball league, i was on a dead sprint to catch a fly ball, looked to see where i was at and the fence was right there. it was either get smashed into the fence or  jump and my instints made me jump. i hurdled the fend and stayed on my feet. as i came back to the fence to hop back over it, i realized then how tall it was. that thing was almost to my armpits lol. It was work to get back over, how i cleared it i dont know lol.

maybe there is something to be said about "saving it" or "holding back" like i saw a few wrestlers doing tonight. guess we will never know as they came out injury free. hindsight i guess. looking forward to saturday to see some real wrestling action out of a few wrestlers that it was missing from tonight.

Going hard all the time ended my sports career.. Darn fences..

I guess my take on it is if someone isn't going to give 100% in a particular match to "save it" or not risk injury or re-injury, then why wrestle that match at all? I'm sure there is a JV kid that would absolutely love the opportunity to wrestle that night and while he may not win, at least I can guarantee you that a JV kid will give it all and leave it all on the mat.

Agreed I was just messing around!

Plus baseball is a whole different story!

If you're not going to wrestle hard why wrestle makes total sense. Wish this attitude would transfer into school for most kids too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.