T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

Winchester is a little banged up from what I hear.  They had a couple additional forfeits most notably Gough. Still think they can put something together for a solid run as long as they are healthy.

County should be a good match this weekend between WC and UC.

Anguiano from UC is still unbeaten. I know he has wrestled against South Adams and Jay County not sure who else he has faced.

i think Anguiano should bump for conference and wrestle Aquino...make it interesting

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anguiano, Aquino, and Gough round robin sounds more like it  ;D

what if we throw everyone in the TEC into and over the top battle royal...who wins?

my prediction:

comes down to the big boys logan williams and minges-kahn since nobody could throw them over...as they battle it out trying to get the other over the top rope, the rope is giving away under the 550lbs of weight combined. They both have each other just about to topple when out of nowhere, little colten handley, who had been hiding behind the ref the whole time, comes out of nowhere and gives the final running shove need to topple both big men over. The winner of the inaugaral TEC over the top battle royal is COLTON HANDLEY!!!

what if we throw everyone in the TEC into and over the top battle royal...who wins?

my prediction:

comes down to the big boys logan williams and minges-kahn since nobody could throw them over...as they battle it out trying to get the other over the top rope, the rope is giving away under the 550lbs of weight combined. They both have each other just about to topple when out of nowhere, little colten handley, who had been hiding behind the ref the whole time, comes out of nowhere and gives the final running shove need to topple both big men over. The winner of the inaugaral TEC over the top battle royal is COLTON HANDLEY!!!

This is great haha

Since the TEC is the best conference in the state, I have taken the time to create a pound for pound list of TEC wrestlers. I only did the top 20. There are 112 varsity spots in the TEC and while there are about a dozen forfeits, that leaves 100 wrestlers. So if you made the list, in my opinion, you are in the top 20%. Pound for pound is all opinion based as it eliminates the weight differences and is who I think wins looking only at skill, heart, determination and all other un-measurable factors.

1 cox

2 aquino

3 killion

4 gough

5 robinson

6 anguiano

7 jenkinson

8 hangen

9 michaels

10 tipton

11 mcclurg

12 bowers

13 handley

14 newton

15 phillips

16 rihm

17 jordan

18 craft

19 miller

20 burelison

I would move Anguiano to 5 and bump everyone else one up this is a pretty cool list though.

Would LOVE to see Gough and Aquino wrestle

funny you say that, thats about where I actually wanted to put him was around 4 or 5. the only reason I didnt is the fact that I believe he is still undefeated. i know people will say, who has he wrestled though, but no matter what, the guy is pretty good lol. i know aquino pretty well and he would wrestle anyone lol. he and bryce robinson went at it several times in open mats during the offseason, as well as with killion and calderon and they have about 55-60 pound difference between them. as long as he is on the mat, he dont care who the other guy is lol. dont let the tats fool you, he is a big mexican teddy bear or as they say in spanish "gran oso de peluche mexicano".

funny you say that, thats about where I actually wanted to put him was around 4 or 5. the only reason I didnt is the fact that I believe he is still undefeated. i know people will say, who has he wrestled though, but no matter what, the guy is pretty good lol. i know aquino pretty well and he would wrestle anyone lol. he and bryce robinson went at it several times in open mats during the offseason, as well as with killion and calderon and they have about 55-60 pound difference between them. as long as he is on the mat, he dont care who the other guy is lol. dont let the tats fool you, he is a big mexican teddy bear or as they say in spanish "gran oso de peluche mexicano".

I'm not basing it off of record or who Ang has or hasn't wrestled,  I have known both him and Gough for a long time and I just feel like Gough is the better wrestler.  That being said Anguiano has pleasantly surprised me this season! I knew he had strength and quickness but his wrestling ability has seemed to develop as well.

Also I don't think Gough has lost has he? He may have and I've just spaced it somehow

Even with Newton moving down to 113, I still like Coffman for the TEC title. Was really impressive in the times I've seen him. Have they wrestled before?

Nice battle royal BigMak!

i dont think they have wrestled before. i have seen each several times. Coffman does show that he has the ability to bust a bracket but I saw him lose a match against Hillard from richmond and I know both mcclurg and jenkinson can beat hillard. I saw newton hold his own against jenkinson and mcclurg although losing both in a decision. although coffman may have the same skill level, i believe he has trouble with the older wrestlers stength.

I'm not basing it off of record or who Ang has or hasn't wrestled,  I have known both him and Gough for a long time and I just feel like Gough is the better wrestler.  That being said Anguiano has pleasantly surprised me this season! I knew he had strength and quickness but his wrestling ability has seemed to develop as well.

Also I don't think Gough has lost has he? He may have and I've just spaced it somehow

i was thinking i saw he had a couple but im not seeing it now...maybe he doesnt lol

Congratulations to Daniel McClurg for receiving The Wetzel family auto group athlete of the week award for December  7

even better than that...for making the Bigmak's P4P #11 wrestler on the list of about 100 wrestlers!!!

Any update on UC vs Centerville?

Centerville won. Only surprises I saw was at 120 Mcclurg from UC beat Jenkinson in it overtime. Jenkinson won the 2 or 3 times they faced each other prior to today going back to last season.

126 bowers from UC got pinned by javon Phillips. These 2 had a great match at spartan weeks ago with bowers getting the decision that time.

145 Oswald from UC looked greatly improved from last year in a decision over burelison.

Killion from centerville was in street clothes. I didn't see Centervilles heavyweight creigmile as I heard he was sick. UC's strait was in the face off for a match against calderon at 195 but they forfeited to Calderon. Confused on that one. Wanted to see strait wrestle since hearing he has improved from being Aquino's wrestling partner.

Thanks Mak! Sounds like McClurg / Jenkinson could have went either way, 4-2 in OT, had to be a good match. Sounds like the saga continues between them. Bowers/Phillips is shaping up to be one to watch over next couple weeks as well. Hope to see Killion back in a singlet come conference!

160 Cv Jordan by pin over Hertel Uc  170  Aquino by pin over Allen Cv 182 Robinson Cv by pin over Haarmeyer Uc                    195 Calderon rec a ff  220 Parker Uc by pin over Bennett Cv 106 Markley Cv rec a ff  113 Coffman Uc 11-0 over Rodendello Cv 120 McClurg Uc 4-2 dec. in ot over Jenkinson Cv  126 Phillips Cv by pin over Bowers Uc 132 Micheals Cv 15 -0 over Reffitt Uc  138 Tipton Cv by pin over Redd Uc  145 Oswald Uc 10-4 dec. over Burelison Cv 152 Hale Cv by pin over Dearth Uc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.