NEW WEIGHTS NEEDED FOR VIRGINIA DUALS

Indiana will be represented at Battle at the Beach in Virginia Beach on May 25th, 26th, 27th.  Due to some scheduling conflicts we have some open weight classes that need to be filled asap.  If you know a solid wrestler that would be interested in filling  our open spot, contact me at cashmom2x@gmail.com 

Open spot 113#, 120#, & 126# .There will be a 3# allowance added to each weight class.  The entry fee is $55 and parents are responsible for travel and hotel.  Please call me ASAP at 317-281-3678 Brandi Cash

Couple Questions

I have a 120# who didnt make it out of the sectional who might be interested is that fine?

2nd I see the tournement cost is $55 with you covering your own travel and hotel(basically means me if im travel and supervision)...the tournement entry fee is $700/team. 55*14 = 770? what is the extra 5 going too?  just curious.

Thanks

Not that I think I owe you any sort of explanation but since you must know, I always cover my butt.  If we walk in with a FF then, it is divided up evenly.  I do all I can to put these together for these kids and can't afford to cover any unpaid for spots.  I also have to pay for a coaches pass for the coach.  And as anyone who has ever gone on a team with me knows that if there is any money left over at the end of it all, it goes back to the kids.  1 year they all got beanie hats, 1 year everyone got matching team socks, another year everyone got sling bags with the team name and their last names on them.  This year what ever, if anything is left, it will go towards 2 plaques for an in team competition that is going on between the team for least points given up through out the whole dual series and most team points earned through out the whole dual series.  I hope this satisfies your need to know.

Not that I think I owe you any sort of explanation but since you must know, I always cover my butt.  If we walk in with a FF then, it is divided up evenly.  I do all I can to put these together for these kids and can't afford to cover any unpaid for spots.  I also have to pay for a coaches pass for the coach.  And as anyone who has ever gone on a team with me knows that if there is any money left over at the end of it all, it goes back to the kids.  1 year they all got beanie hats, 1 year everyone got matching team socks, another year everyone got sling bags with the team name and their last names on them.  This year what ever, if anything is left, it will go towards 2 plaques for an in team competition that is going on between the team for least points given up through out the whole dual series and most team points earned through out the whole dual series.  I hope this satisfies your need to know.

nosoccermomhere,

I think you explained yourself perfectly and from reading your different posts, you do a great deal to push wrestling and grow the sport.  Sometimes, you have to take people at face value, in this case an opinionated d-bag (this is my opinion of course, but his body of work speaks for itself).  Keep up the good work nosoccermomhere!

I think he's questioning you for a couple reasons:

1. It's five bucks.  Really? 

2. Brandi Cash is personally responsible for organizing and providing opportunities to literally hundreds of kids to attend national tournaments over the years. Quite honestly I'm shocked more people didn't jump your post to defend her. 

Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it.  (I don't mean you specifically.  More like a general statement).

If Fabio has a 120# wrestler who is interested in going and feels qualified to participate in a very competitive dual, I am sure Brandi would welcome him sending her more information on that wrestler.

That was the point of her post.  However, I think most of us feel that his mention of his "wrestler who didn't make it out of sectionals" was as sarcastic as the concern over $5.

She made it clear the this was an all star team for state placers earlier in the year....there was an opening at a weightclass for a kid of mine who wants to get better he lost the ticket round of setionals I asked if that was an issue....a simple no answers that question. Ill just assume we are not welcome.

Been on a few of her teams... very honored to do so. There was one tournament in Ohio we went to she gave all our $$$$ back to us cause she felt we didnt get enough matches as a team. She is a great person very grateful for all her HARD WORK that she does for Indiana kids to wrestle.

Thank You everyone.  I have enjoyed doing this all these years and having the chance to get to know your families.  The Virginia Duals team is almost full. We do still need a 185# and possibly a 173# ( I will know for sure if the 173# is still open on Monday ).  Last I looked their are 30 High School Teams entered for this event from all over the east coast and a few from Mid west and even a couple from out west.  I am really looking forward to this event and hope to walk in with a full team.  If you are interested in filling one of the open spots contact me ASAP at cashmom2x@gmail.com

seems like every time I fill a spot I lose another one.  I updated the open spots at the top of this thread.  If I do not have these spots filled by tomorrow afternoon.  I am going to have to fill the spots with out of state free agents.  I would much rather Indiana boys get the mat experience, but will take anyone who wants a spot and can get there. Please contact me asap at the # above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.