Sliga vs. Stevo Poulin (video included)

Butt Drag

I tried to track him down on some tournaments and can't seem to find anything since his 2 loses. He was truly a phenom at his age/weight against other kids.. now that he is a little older, I was wondering the same myself- where is Stevo?

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes kids with too much early success fall off when they start going up the levels. I don't know if it's mental like they lose touch with how hard they need to work or maybe they get broken mentally when they get Hame handed some losses and they just are not used to losing. We watched it happen with Alex Tsirtsis and I've seen many more just around home as they are great in little league and fall off or jr high then don't do anything in high school

Sometimes kids with too much early success fall off when they start going up the levels. I don't know if it's mental like they lose touch with how hard they need to work or maybe they get broken mentally when they get Hame handed some losses and they just are not used to losing. We watched it happen with Alex Tsirtsis and I've seen many more just around home as they are great in little league and fall off or jr high then don't do anything in high school

Completely feel the same way and have heard some many stories.  Eventually a high percentage of kids catch up and start to "get it" which levels the playing field.  For the record Stevo has almost 50 losses in his short career.  It is important to break an athlete down often to keep him in reality.  And as we all know there are many, many kids throughout the country who are just as good as Stevo , if not better.  I hope Stevo will be competing for years to come and always enjoy himself along the way.....win or lose.  And if someday he decides to put his shoes away, we will always have great memories.  -Dad

As a team leader for multiple youth national trips over the last few years, I have gotten the chance to see this kid wrestle several times. The kid is a class act. He is still very solid. He handles his business on the mat and gets off. He has beat a couple of my guys. No show boating or crappy attitude. The video is cool, but does not paint the complete picture. Seems to be a good kid.

As a team leader for multiple youth national trips over the last few years, I have gotten the chance to see this kid wrestle several times. The kid is a class act. He is still very solid. He handles his business on the mat and gets off. He has beat a couple of my guys. No show boating or crappy attitude. The video is cool, but does not paint the complete picture. Seems to be a good kid.

I will also add that from what I've noticed both he and his parents have a huge focus on his grades being priority #1 and as a result he has done very well on the academic side of things too.

I will also add that from what I've noticed both he and his parents have a huge focus on his grades being priority #1 and as a result he has done very well on the academic side of things too.

'I agree. That also goes hand in hand with what his dad posted earlier.A great dad/coach and kid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.