state champions

mustang13

im gonna say New Castle will have at least 7 champs but could see even 8-9....New Castle is definatly the strongest Semi-State this year

106,120,126,132,152,160,182,195,& Hwt all have a very good chance at winning state this year, & only 3 seniors in this group so could be the strongest SS next year as well

im gonna say New Castle will have at least 7 champs but could see even 8-9....New Castle is definatly the strongest Semi-State this year

106,120,126,132,152,160,182,195,& Hwt all have a very good chance at winning state this year, & only 3 seniors in this group so could be the strongest SS next year as well

Reds the favorite... but sinco from mish has been impressive and has a good shot too.

120 hughes has been wow 126 crume would probably think otherwise. 152 don't count out schurg

160 big hughes has a good shot too. 182 hurford is kinda tough.

And that's just from merrillville and all of them have a decent shot

Your correct Cash will be back and Rypel will all be contenders.B James is a winner.Ill take James any day.

106 Red is super tough . We have a kid from from the southern region who has yet to be challenged at 106. I haven't even heard his named mentioned and he is like 40 something and 0. Micic at 113 is a safe bet. At 120 Phillips , Wilson and Hughs are a toss up, oh yeah throw in Lahue for fun. 126 Crume , Welch is my pic and James. My point is this , you wont know till the fat lady sings at the Field House. And thats my prediction !

well like i said 8-9 kids out of New Castle have very good chances to win it all. so if New Castle can win at 120/152 then i say there will be at least 7 champs from this SS. but its only 1 mans opinion im sure there are plenty of people up north & down south will argue a strong case against me but you are right it will be decided soon and i personally cant wait to see it all unfold.

i really hope we get to see the 152 FW vs NC in the finals and not in semis & 120 is loaded even without Cash so both semis will be good and the finals will be great

and i hope the same for 126 NC vs FW in the finals

Merrillville "could" win 11. Don't sleep on sinco at 6 who controlled matches with lee and garza, 113 is micic, 20 hughes is tough and dominated a tough garcia, 26 fuqua has been good and has been in the finals before, 32 hartman is pretty tough, 38 forte is decent, 52 schurg has been under hyped all year, but I'd say he has a shot, 60 hughes is on a tear, 70 has stevenson 82 has hurford, pretty good shot there too. 220 with a guy named robinson.

When you add macri at 45 and kral at 95 could make the finals. Just saying as far as the finals are considered, nc might not be the heavy best by the end.

This years breakdown favors NC followed by MV then FW and finally Ev. New Castle has 12 out of 14 weight classes with a top 3 ranked kid or higher including 5 #1's.  Merriville is second with 10 out of 14 and 5 #1's then Fort Wayne with 7 out of 14 and 3 #1's and bringing up the rear is Evansville with only 6 out of 14 weight classes ranked top 3 and only 1 #1.

Oh yeah that's true he only has two losses and one of them is to arguably the best Indiana wrestler of our generation. Also, the fact that he has teched and pinned everyone except for two or three massive majors. I think it is pretty well locked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.