North Montgomery Holiday Duals

swain358

For those interested, below is the schedule for this years tournament. It will be a one day tournament on Friday December 28th, which is different than years past. Each team will wrestle 5 matches excluding Perry Meridian who will wrestle 6 matches. Perry's varsity will wrestle 5 matches and their JV will wrestle 1 match chosen by their staff. Each remaining team will wrestle 5 of the other 6 teams. So each team will not wrestle one other team.

For anyone fans planning on attending the tournament, remember that it is a ONE DAY tournament this year!!

FRIDAY DECEMBER 28th

9am Round 1

Mat 1 North Montgomery vs. Perry Meridian

Mat 2 Portage vs. Warren Central

Mat 3 New Haven vs. Bloomington South

Carmel BYE

11am Round 2

Mat 1 North Montgomery vs. Warren Central

Mat 2 Bloomington South vs. Portage

Mat 3 Perry Meridian vs. Carmel

New Haven BYE

1pm Round 3

Mat 1 North Montgomery vs. Portage

Mat 2 Carmel vs. New Haven

Mat 3 Perry Meridian vs. Bloomington South

Warren BYE

3pm Round 4

Mat 1 North Montgomery vs. Carmel

Mat 2 Warren Central vs. New Haven

Mat 3 Perry Meridian vs. Portage

Bloomington South Bye

5pm Round 5

Mat 1 North Montgomery vs. New Haven

Mat 2 Bloomington South vs. Carmel

Mat 3 Warren Central vs. Perry Meridian

Portage Bye

7pm Round 6

Mat 1 Portage vs. Carmel

Mat 2 New Haven vs. Perry Meridian

Mat 3 Bloomington South vs. Warren Central

North Montgomery BYE

So word around the North Montgomery crowd is that Perry is wrestling their JV in the dual with Warren Central! However Perrys varsity team is still allowed to wrestle 5times?! So basically they take away a varsity dual from WC and still get their five in plus a jv dual. It's worked out that it will not count as a dual of perry were to lose. Why would anyone want to come spend 12 hrs at a varsity team tournament to only wrestle 4times?

So word around the North Montgomery crowd is that Perry is wrestling their JV in the dual with Warren Central! However Perrys varsity team is still allowed to wrestle 5times?! So basically they take away a varsity dual from WC and still get their five in plus a jv dual. It's worked out that it will not count as a dual of perry were to lose. Why would anyone want to come spend 12 hrs at a varsity team tournament to only wrestle 4times?

Perry Varsity is wrestling 5 times today!

They have NO bye if you read the first post you see that it was explained.

I know they are wrestling five times that's what I said. But it's not fair to Warren to only get to wrestle four times. And Perry's JV gets a whole dual.

Since wrestlers are not allowed to wrestle more than 5 matches in a day, what other solution would you offer? Perry and Warren have already faced off at the CCC and the Marion County tournament, so they opted for that dual to be the one to insert their JV. Warren still gets 5 matches...they just have to be content with a match against Perry's JV.

Since wrestlers are not allowed to wrestle more than 5 matches in a day, what other solution would you offer? Perry and Warren have already faced off at the CCC and the Marion County tournament, so they opted for that dual to be the one to insert their JV. Warren still gets 5 matches...they just have to be content with a match against Perry's JV.

Really would of liked to seen how WC faired against the best in a dual guess. they will have to settle with beating BS.

Thornton I know you are not allowed to wrestle more then give varsity matches. But I don't see how you can see that this does not benefit Perry? Another solution would be Perry's varsity wrestled four varsity matches and a jv match against warrens jv that doesn't count. Even more benefit would be if a jv guy went out and beat a varsity guy. I know you teach math and can add. 5-0 is better then 4-0 at the end of the day.

all i know is they got blanked by perry 69-0

Why wouldnt you let your JV wrestle a dual more lopsided like New Haven or Portage, and Varsity against one of the better teams. Just my opinion I guess PM dont want some of the Varsity guys with loses at certain weight classes? But would of loved to seen if WC could atleast of scored 20 on them. Oh well Great job by both Teams.What was the score of PM and BS??

Why wouldnt you let your JV wrestle a dual more lopsided like New Haven or Portage, and Varsity against one of the better teams. Just my opinion I guess PM dont want some of the Varsity guys with loses at certain weight classes? But would of loved to seen if WC could atleast of scored 20 on them. Oh well Great job by both Teams.What was the score of PM and BS??

Perry beat BS 42-15

Thornton I know you are not allowed to wrestle more then give varsity matches. But I don't see how you can see that this does not benefit Perry? Another solution would be Perry's varsity wrestled four varsity matches and a jv match against warrens jv that doesn't count. Even more benefit would be if a jv guy went out and beat a varsity guy. I know you teach math and can add. 5-0 is better then 4-0 at the end of the day.

So your solution to this problem is for Warren to get 5 matches (albeit, i against Perry's JV team), but Perry to only get 4. Also, if Warren is "in the conversation" for 2nd in the state, why would any of them lose to a JV guy? The solution that was given was one born of unique circumstances. Some teams that were at North Mont last year went elsewhere this year and the meet was condensed to a 1 day event. Perhaps if Warren's coaching staff had made your suggestion, a different solution could have emerged. Beyond that, I don't see what Perry could or should have done differently.

We had no way of knowing that we would shut out Portage. They have outstanding wrestlers and are very well coached. They have also posted some good results this year. Also, we have not wrestled anyone from New Haven. As I stated before, we have already seen Warren Central twice this year and have little to gain from wrestling them again. My guess is, you just wanted to see what the score would have been, so you could somehow slot them in the state's heirarchy by comparing results from the IHSWCA state duals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.